Show us your Motorcyle(s)

• 2 months later...

In a classic case of scope creep what stated out as a mate and I doing the Simpson on dirtbikes supported by a pair of mates in a 4x4 has now become the same mate and I riding from Steep point W.A (Furthest point west in Au) to Byron bay (Furthest point East in Au) via the Simpson unsupported all the way.

Whilst the GSA would do most to the trip with ease it’s not going to cut it in the Simpson. So its going up on Bikesales to be replaced by a lighter bike. That being a KTM690 Enduro R. Seeing as my mate already has one it means we can share tools and I can steal good bits off his bike whilst he is asleep.

I’m used to packing ultra light so on this trip we are going absolute minimalist in order to be able to carry more fuel and water. Leave date is looking like August 14th . I’d like to go sooner but we have given ourselves more time to prep and on a trip like this prep is king.

@Unclethis sounds like an awesome trip, i know a couple of guys who have the 690 and were telling me they were disappointed with the fuel range, larger tanks were fitted then the ride became uncomfortable because of the way the wider tank pushed out their knees. These were earlier models so maybe a fix has been found.

You guys might encounter a few blokes coming back from the Off Centre Rally (at Adels Grove this year on 8,9 and 10 Aug).

A few of the WA boys like to take the long way home so you might have a few bikes on the track.

@TINGY996 because I'm a short arse the wider tank is actually pretty good and gives some wind protection. I actually put a deposit on this bike this morning. 

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2014-ktm-690-enduro-r/SSE-AD-6369665/?Cr=14

I think I'll take the front headlight set up off and go for a Yenkro fairing kit. 

http://www.yenkro.com/store/products/13824

Anyway I'll just update my other thread so stop messing this one up. 

Could do @3legs

4 hours ago, Uncle said:

@TINGY996 because I'm a short arse the wider tank is actually pretty good and gives some wind protection. I actually put a deposit on this bike

They are a nice bike, looks good and got all the racks as well, I'm thinking of buying an early KTM 640 my brother in law has.

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

Should never have sold mine.  Missus told me not to but did I listen.....

My ex was the opposite with "I want kids and a house, so sell your bikes..." 

Hence why she's an ex😁

I'd love a Katana, but the prices for a decent one are nuts...and I can't really be bothered riding nowadays 😁

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

....and I can't really be bothered riding nowadays 😁

I'm the same these days Lee.  Any ride now must meet the following strict criteria:

1. Must not involve more than 30 minutes of tedious riding before the fun bits
  2. Temperature must be between 16 and 24 degrees
  3. Must involve corners or at least a good tasty pie to make it all worthwhile

Also doesn't help that I need to move the Camira to move the Torana to get the Commodore out after finding the keys to the Cortina of course and then trying not hit the boat while I'm at it, before I can even see the bike nowadays...…..

10 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Another old bike with nostalgic flair

katana.JPG

Where have all the timeless and beautiful motorcycles gone?  All the modern designs look like Transformer toys to me and just leave me cold.

Yeah. yeah I know I sound like an old guy!

Where have all the timeless and beautiful motorcycles gone?  All the modern designs look like Transformer toys to me and just leave me cold

Finally someone agrees with me! Especially nakebike styling. The 'Katana' they released last year is just taking the piss. Its horrid! 

17 hours ago, Peter M said:

I'm the same these days Lee.  Any ride now must meet the following strict criteria:

1. Must not involve more than 30 minutes of tedious riding before the fun bits
  2. Temperature must be between 16 and 24 degrees
  3. Must involve corners or at least a good tasty pie to make it all worthwhile

Yeah. yeah I know I sound like an old guy!

You don't just sound like an old guy...

• 4 weeks later...

nothing to contribute sorry.

My better half works in healthcare, and she told me after we got hitched, if I ever rocked up home with a motorbike thats it, all over red rover..

At least I have a way out.

Nice bikes. The acceleration would  be amazing i'm guessing

If you're interested in restoring some old Japanese bikes there are a few old Kawasaki 900,1000 and 650 for sale all under $10k.

Just recently listed at some good prices probably due to the the virus.

Get in now.

Here is an example or two.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brighton/motorcycle-scooter-parts/kawasaki-z1-1973/1240288094?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF7-Automotive&utm_content=163436_9299

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/east-ipswich/motorcycles/kawasaki-z1000-1977/1242814629?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF7-Automotive&utm_content=163436_9299

• 2 weeks later...

Love the riding attire!  And no helmet hair!

She won some gloves in a Streetbike mag comp with this pic. She also took half of her hair care gear with her when we went for a ride to take this shot. I'll try n find 'some' of the pics of another ex on my Suzuki's and her own TRX850. Kinda Cameron Diaz looking. She could ride that bike quicker in the hills than most guys I knew back then. She really should have raced bikes she was that quick. Mad as a box if frogs, but still friends with her