Show us your Motorcyle(s)

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Gahd damn I love those  bikes. Would love to own one just to have it in the mancave to look at

They get me going exactly the same way Lee.

Just love to look at them  :wub:

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

They get me going exactly the same way Lee.

Just love to look at them  :wub:

I had my old 916 in the loungeroom of my one bed unit a few years ago. People used to laugh when they saw it 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just spent the last hour braking my foot on this stupid thing trying to get it started . Got it started 

C97F3BA7-8017-4412-B382-C34AD95B6606.jpeg

Quite a rare bike these days I would of thought we had the XT 250 and 550 yours looks great

2 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Quite a rare bike these days I would of thought we had the XT 250 and 550 yours looks great

Thanks . It was my dads he restored it which is quite surprising really that anyone was able to get it to the point of restoring seeing how it is such a bitch to start .

I would have thought there would be a warehouse full of these things brand new only tried to start once 

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks . It was my dads he restored it which is quite surprising really that anyone was able to get it to the point of restoring seeing how it is such a bitch to start .

I would have thought there would be a warehouse full of these things brand new only tried to start once 

If the needle and seat/s is/ are good, leave the fuel tap on so the fuel bowl/s don’t dry out with inactivity, makes a  shit load of difference when kicking after lay ups, always worth turning over slowly at first to make sure it hasn’t leaked. My 750 gt started like it ran yesterday after months of non running 

1 minute ago, StevepGT3 said:

If the needle and seat/s is/ are good, leave the fuel tap on so the fuel bowl/s don’t dry out with inactivity, makes a  shit load of difference when kicking after lay ups, always worth turning over slowly at first to make sure it hasn’t leaked. My 750 gt started like it ran yesterday after months of non running 

My bevel Ducati’s not a issue but this son of a bitch is a different level . 
I have fitted Silent Hektic ignitions to the bevel would jump start a dead man 

I restored one of those a couple of years ago and it was real easy to start although to be fair I have heard horror stories about them in the past.

I just made sure that it was on the compression stroke then kick and away she would fire. If the decompression lever has been set right and you DON'T use any throttle, in fact keep your hand away from the throttle it should kicked first or second kick. From memory it's an auto decompression but it still needs to be set correctly.

Here's a pic of the one I restored back in 2009.

IMGP0832.jpg

14 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Just spent the last hour braking my foot on this stupid thing trying to get it started . Got it started 

A'hh yes the big thumper's weren't the easiest thing to fire up, i always thought these old banger's would have been better if they had the old hand crank to start them like the early cars had:D

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

I restored one of those a couple of years ago and it was real easy to start although to be fair I have heard horror stories about them in the past.

I just made sure that it was on the compression stroke then kick and away she would fire. If the decompression lever has been set right and you DON'T use any throttle, in fact keep your hand away from the throttle it should kicked first or second kick. From memory it's an auto decompression but it still needs to be set correctly.

IMGP0832.jpg

That is awesome . I have the battery on charge it may help a little not having a flat battery .

Yes you are correct my bike is auto decompression 

5 hours ago, 3legs said:

IMGP0832.jpg

I actually fully charged my battery and followed your procedure and started first kick . Thanks 😊 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I actually fully charged my battery and followed your procedure and started first kick . Thanks 😊 

Nothing worse than kicking the shit out of a bike  that refused to fire, tore a ligament in my knee doing just that years ago and still suffer from it