On 24/02/2020 at 10:01, wilson59 said:

Another old bike with nostalgic flair

katana.JPG

On 24/02/2020 at 17:36, LeeM said:

Spoked rims @wilson59 👍

This was one of my Katana's. 1200 kit

20191007-173404.jpg

On 24/02/2020 at 19:12, Peter M said:

Should never have sold mine.  Missus told me not to but did I listen.....

Me: "I bought a bike today"

Her: "Ducati?"

Me: "No"

Her: "Oh...." in a surprisingly concerned tone.

Me: "A Katana"

Her: "Oh, you shouldn't have sold your last one."

The two surprises for me is she remembered what a Katana was and my great regret of 25 years ago!

• 1 month later...

Just to remind everyone what Australian standards can do to mess with design . I cant believe the owner left it with that hideous headlight fitted 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1997-ducati-916-biposto?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211130+Daily+Email+Aus_29/November/2021&utm

56 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just to remind everyone what Australian standards can do to mess with design . I cant believe the owner left it with that hideous headlight fitted 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1997-ducati-916-biposto?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20211130+Daily+Email+Aus_29/November/2021&utm

Remember all the hoo ha over that, but I thought Ducati supplied the propper one free of charge pretty soon after and possibly with the bikes 

2 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Remember all the hoo ha over that, but I thought Ducati supplied the propper one free of charge pretty soon after and possibly with the bikes 

Correct they did which makes this such an incredible piece of Australian history of F ups . Why would you leave that on there ?

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.8c76c89c461217e857194e9e466614ba.jpeg

I've been on the hunt for about 12 months....and snagged this 2000 748S earlier today.  It's the 3rd yellow Ducati I've owned and I am really looking forward to collecting it and riding it home.  I'm the third owner, 49k kms, all new belts, tyres, clutch plates and so on, plus new paint all over.  Desmo sound through the Termi pipes and open clutch - phoaaaar.

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

Great bikes the 748. Congrats on the purchase 👍

Indeed they are.  I had a yellow 1999 750 super sport for less than a year then bought a new yellow 749S in 2004 and sold it about 4 years later.  Bike-less since but have been hankering for the 748.....yellow is rare despite it being the Ducati colour in that era.  My best mate in the whole world had a few 748s while I was riding my 749S.  I loved the 749 at the time and I still do but this 748 popped up on Sunday night and by Monday arvo I had seen it and it was (almost) within budget for me so now it'll be mine once I can sort out logistics of getting it home and parked up in this crazy time of year.....

And for some odd reason, I think it's down towards Raven and perhaps Sleazius's neck of the woods.....don't know why I think that and I could be well off the pace but it's lovely in the Wallacia and surrounding areas.

Thanks Lee.

On 21/12/2021 at 10:18, jakroo said:

Indeed they are.  I had a yellow 1999 750 super sport for less than a year then bought a new yellow 749S in 2004 and sold it about 4 years later.  Bike-less since but have been hankering for the 748.....yellow is rare despite it being the Ducati colour in that era.  My best mate in the whole world had a few 748s while I was riding my 749S.  I loved the 749 at the time and I still do but this 748 popped up on Sunday night and by Monday arvo I had seen it and it was (almost) within budget for me so now it'll be mine once I can sort out logistics of getting it home and parked up in this crazy time of year.....

And for some odd reason, I think it's down towards Raven and perhaps Sleazius's neck of the woods.....don't know why I think that and I could be well off the pace but it's lovely in the Wallacia and surrounding areas.

Thanks Lee.

I am in Orchid Hills about 30 minutes from Wallacia ............Love the Ducati :Beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Santa (Lenny) probably had to listen too many times during his upbringing to my motorbike stories from my younger days. I had no plans to buy a bike , but on Christmas Lenny leads me to a tarping  on our driveway and underneath is a 1985 Kawasaki 250cc. She is a restoration project and once we had calmed down Mum , initial design plans were already hatched. The bones  are ok , so more a repair and tidy up , respray and our bike will be a Caferacer , looking very different from the original . Got a few pics , just starting. 

2B74D9D1-A5F0-43E0-82A1-37DD297D2764.jpeg

2661EE75-A700-4A67-9617-8F973711F6F8.jpeg

B4106A39-C311-47D7-881F-3BE9D8EA6794.jpeg