Show us your Motorcyle(s)

Thanks Rob!

It's pristine but hasn't done many kilometres in recent years so there's a bit of recommissioning to do.   Nothing serious though. 

(It's only done a total of 9000km in it's 13 years and 4000 of those were spread over the last 10.)  

happy to put some kms on it for you !

Mike, you're dreaming!  You don't even use your own Duc.  I, on the other hand, have put nearly 2,000km on mine since May, and, being retired, am well placed to put some k's on Peter's bike - and yours, for that matter!

Anyone had experience with these?  Planning to test ride and see if my Enduro prowess has diminished over the recent years.  Got some adventure plans...

bmw-r-1200-gs-adventure-3.jpg

Yes mate, This is the only bike you will need. It is like a swiss army knife. Does everything except make a cuppa :)  and it will keep up with sportsbikes !

Apart from being reliable having a boxer motor, it is safe :ABS, traction control, Electronic suspension, and very comfortable to ride. If Porsche would make a bike this would be it.

Sorry always having trouble attaching a photo.

Edited by JAX57

Continuing the Ducati theme:

IMG_0008_zpsbyy1glbh.jpg

I've wanted a Ducati ever since I read a write up in one of my brother's magazines in 1976.  So today's purchase can't be described as an impulse buy!

Going back to your post in August: "As an incentive to lose weight, I'm buying one of these when I get to 85kgs" can we assume you've reached your target?

LOL, not quite Rob but I'm just into the eighties now and confident I'll get down to 85 next year.  I couldn't see the point of putting Ducati ownership off any further just to reach an arbitrary number but it did work as an incentive to do something about my health and change some associated habits. 

Edited by Peter M

here is my bike history .......

Yamaha XS-250

Suzuki RM-250

Kawasaki GPZ-750 (x2)

Kawasaki ZZR-1100

HD Softail FXST

Honda XR-650R

Honda CB-1300S

0f49b77c-adcb-461a-a04b-0b31f6f0f308_zps

even made my own helmet cam setup back in the day before the gopro stuff was available :-)

10392119_1284147776614_6193842_n_zpsep1a

growing up in the 80s my friends and i referred to the xr650s as "trench diggers". at the time we were only young and riding yz80s so the xr650s were bloody bikes not to be messed with.

If anyone is interested in a really trick 851 Ducati PM me, It`s a bike I built for my mate back in the 90`s. A chain breakage resulting in cracked cases and fall off damage meant a total strip down,and subsequently (whilst it`s apart lets do something different) transpired.It`s probably only been ridden half a dozen times in the last 20 years,and therefore has only 12,000 k`s on it, but it has been regularly run and serviced.The exhaust is a one of two that I had made and combined with the head porting I did the end result is 96 RWHP,10-12 up from stock.This bike was featured in a Two Wheels or Bike Australia magazine, story by Ian Faloon after it was finished.

P1000737_zpsbsjc9nlw.jpg

P1000736_zpsihsl15tf.jpg

P1000735_zps6acqpymn.jpg

P1000733_zpsqeebpov8.jpg

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/SSE-AD-3716838/1993-Ducati-851

Edited by StevepGT3

Reckon I remember that 851 with the 2 into 1 exhaust. Nice job. I had a similar set up on my old Yamaha TRX 850 racebike. It made a huge difference for the better

Crap pic, but this is one of my favourite bikes I've ever ridden or raced. Once sorted with some fork valving, rear jacked up a bit and some bigger carbs, i was beating 748, 916 and 851 Ducati's pretty easily, and the engine was bog stock. A very underrated bike the TRX850 that helped me win the SA Thunderbike title in 99. The Ducati boys were pissed! :D Oh. and it was my everyday streetbike when I wasn't racing until i bought a 916

20150915_223517.jpg

Reckon I remember that 851 with the 2 into 1 exhaust. Nice job. I had a similar set up on my old Yamaha TRX 850 racebike. It made a huge difference for the better

Crap pic, but this is one of my favourite bikes I've ever ridden or raced. Once sorted with some fork valving, rear jacked up a bit and some bigger carbs, i was beating 748, 916 and 851 Ducati's pretty easily, and the engine was bog stock. A very underrated bike the TRX850 that helped me win the SA Thunderbike title in 99. The Ducati boys were pissed! :D Oh. and it was my everyday streetbike when I wasn't racing until i bought a 916

20150915_223517.jpg

Did you run the TRX at PI back then? I seem to remember some MAD Bastard on one.

Hahaha, maybe mate. I put the shits up a few big bore bikes around there. I did a 42.8 on mine with some new soft slicks which was ok at the time. The original importer who's name escapes me at the moment built the first Oz delivered TRX from OVER racing products. It was seriously fast for a twin. He was a PI regular and a complete nutcase! He could ride a bit though!

Alan Cathcart raced a green OVER built TRX in the Netherlands before they were officially released. It had a top speed of 258 and smoked everyone. I still have the poster in my garage, as I want to build a replica one day. Don't care if it doesnt run, I just want it as a mancave ornament

This is my second favourite bike I raced for Gulf Western Oils. Yamaha FZ1 that had been worked on to produce 180 at the rear wheel. Mental thing to ride, so I had the team take out some h.p and give me more torque, as I was used to riding twins

2015-09-18%2013.27.49.jpg

• 4 months later...

Bought a 2005 749 today to use as a track pig for ride days. 

Did a track day a few weeks ago on my 998 and am keen to do more but that bike's a little to pristine for that sort of use.  Was surprised at how much I like riding the 749, relatively comfortable and roomly and enough power for the sane.  I was thinking seriously about the last of the air cooled SS's but chickened out and went for another Testastretta.

Plus I've always wanted a yellow one! :D

748%20230416_zpsqhrz3w8q.jpg

Edited by Peter M
Italian spelling lacking somewhat

Bought a 2005 749 today to use as a track pig for ride days. 

Did a track day a few weeks ago on my 998 and am keen to do more but that bike's a little to pristine for that sort of use.  Was surprised at how much I like riding the 749, relatively comfortable and roomly and enough power for the sane.  I was thinking seriously about the last of the air cooled SS's but chickened out and went for another Testrastretta.

Plus I've always wanted a yellow one! :D

748%20230416_zpsqhrz3w8q.jpg

sucked in.

( dukes always get you)