991 GT3 RS coming

mhh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spotted your gt3 for sale on carsales :)

thats great news re the RS. I know of a black one coming to Melbourne which I think is a November build so delivery here  in January I think. Gees what a great car they look to be..... A very big congratulations :) :) 

I just spotted your gt3 for sale on carsales :)

thats great news re the RS. I know of a black one coming to Melbourne which I think is a November build so delivery here  in January I think. Gees what a great car they look to be..... A very big congratulations :) :) 

That's interesting Chris. I was told that they wouldn't make mine any colour other than the 4 offered on the configurator. Before I chase up my dealer, are you 100% sure he's getting black?

I ordered a new RS a couple of months ago and heard on Friday that I have an October build. Lava Orange. Any others here with their name down? Now I have a Sapphire GT3 for sale... ;)

Congrats

To say I'm green with envy is an understatement

That's interesting Chris. I was told that they wouldn't make mine any colour other than the 4 offered on the configurator. Before I chase up my dealer, are you 100% sure he's getting black?

absolutely it's black. He had to push very hard and it's been delayed from sept build to nov build because of it and I believe they have closed the window on PTS again......

Hi mhh

I have one of the two black 991 RS's coming to Melbourne...out of a total of, I believe, approx 11. As Chris said, it was a struggle, and Porsche opened a short window of opportunity towards end June, then shut it again. The whole issue of colour choice, and lack of it, has been amateurish, IMO, and does not befit a company such as Porsche. And to add insult to injury, I am having to stump up 10k extra for the privilege. For black? Are they insane? In the U.S. they pay US 5500, so yet again Australians get taken. But it is what it is, and we continue to buy the damn things.

Hope you enjoy your RS when it arrives,

Take care, David

Good to see a couple of others here are getting the RS too. David, you did well to get a black car. I don't know what colour I would have chosen, but I would have welcomed the choice!

Wow, that's sensational to see some incredible cars coming to Oz and being a part of the forum......can't wait to see some of them..!! I know how excited I was just to put an upgraded motor and gearbox I my old SC....I don't know I could stand you're level of excitement....!! This forum is such a great mix of owners........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have any forum members taken delivery as yet ?  Intrigued as to the drivability (other then track) against the GT3.  Admittedly I was tempted by the number of s/hand GT3 available these last months until I bought the P50. (still am a little bit to tell the truth :) )

• 1 month later...

By the off chance any owners of this 991 GT3 RS not so fussed, or feeling pressure from the other half, or wrongly betting against the price of bananas in the congo and feel it would be better to on sell it for a discreet amount (or pricey sum) to me instead  ??  

just checking..

hoping..

..silence ?

mmm back to the youtube clips again!  :)

Archived