Adding photos to your post...

1. Open a Photobucket account.

(Its free, they don't want you to help finance the Nigerian Royal Family, and it has the benefit of being an "offsite" storage library of your images.)

2. Upload the images you want to use in your posts.

3. Once uploaded, put your cursor over the image you want to use, a la...

pic1.jpg

and you will see four options become highlighted for your use.

4. Click on the bottom one: "IMG Code" and you will see the box change to "copied".

5. Go to your post/reply/PM etc and simply paste directly into the open post text area.

6. Shazam!

NB: There are other ways to do this, using the "DIRECT LINK" option, and then the "insert picture" icon etc, and any way you can get this to work is the best way, however above might be the simplest.

Good Luck Comrades, please ask any further questions below in this post so others can also learn from our errr... endeavours! ;)

Kerry

Kerry

I think upload photos to website such as Picasa (google) or Flickr (yahoo)

copy the link and insert the URL from "insert image" is much faster

as soon as you have gmail or yahoo account.

maybe that is me :unsure:

• 2 months later...

1. Open a Photobucket account.

(Its free, they don't want you to help finance the Nigerian Royal Family, and it has the benefit of being an "offsite" storage library of your images.)

2. Upload the images you want to use in your posts.

3. Once uploaded, put your cursor over the image you want to use, a la...

pic1.jpg

and you will see four options become highlighted for your use.

4. Click on the bottom one: "IMG Code" and you will see the box change to "copied".

5. Go to your post/reply/PM etc and simply paste directly into the open post text area.

6. Shazam!

NB: There are other ways to do this, using the "DIRECT LINK" option, and then the "insert picture" icon etc, and any way you can get this to work is the best way, however above might be the simplest.

Good Luck Comrades, please ask any further questions below in this post so others can also learn from our errr... endeavours! ;)

Kerry

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes Greg, the dealio is that you host the pics on your photo bucket (etc) account, and copy and paste the link (as below) directly into your post, and when you view in preview it will be inserted. Its a bit of a long way around at first, but massively frees up the forum not having to negotiate all the pics.

When you view your images in Photobucket, you will see a box to the right hand side giving you 4 options from which to copy. Select the IMG option, and paste that into your post...

Hazzar!

;)

Kerry

pic1.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm having issues inserting pics from Photobucket, never happened before.

- I can copy the photobucket link

- through the thread "image" tab, I can paste the link which is seen as text, but then it just freezes, no OK to proceed.  When I press the exit button, another window pops up saying something has changed and I can only get out by using the browser back tab.  The post I was working on is gone :blink:.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

For some time now, I haven't been able to paste picture links or text into a post :angry:.

I'm far from IT savvy; but in frustration, searched the web and found this comment: "This is the bug report at IPB for the IE11 issue. It deals with the fact that the included version of the embedded editor doesn't yet support IE11".

To get around it, I need to flick that little switch icon in the top left of the post toolbar, then switch it back after the paste.  Hope this might help someone in the future with a similar issue ;).

Your dead right there Stepo, That is good info to pass on.   (I should have done it some weeks back)

I have had trouble over the times posting photos especially multi photos in the one post.

Finally clicked on that little switch up there in the top left and bingo, all good.

• 1 month later...

How to add a Gallery of images to a post.

1) Create an account on Imgur (pronounced Imager)
2) Upload your photos to imgur and make sure you tick the 'Group images into an album' checkbox or alternately after uploading the images, click gallery, click new gallery and choose the images you want to add to it.
3) Once the gallery is created copy the URL from the gallery
4) Now on PFA create your post and in your forum post, type [imgur], then paste the URL (CTRL+V), and then type [/imgur]
Alternately click the Special BB Code button 3rd from the left across the top of the new post editor, select the Media tag in the drop down list and past the link to your Imgur gallery in there.
Either method will work.
5) You will now have a gallery of images embedded into your post like below

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/vWLek[/imgur]

Cheers Al

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to add a Gallery of images to a post.

1) Create an account on Imgur (pronounced Imager)

2) Upload your photos to imgur and make sure you tick the 'Group images into an album' checkbox or alternately after uploading the images, click gallery, click new gallery and choose the images you want to add to it.

3) Once the gallery is created copy the URL from the gallery

4) Now on PFA create your post and in your forum post, type [imgur], then paste the URL (CTRL+V), and then type [/imgur]

Alternately click the Special BB Code button 3rd from the left across the top of the new post editor, select the Media tag in the drop down list and past the link to your Imgur gallery in there.

Either method will work.

5) You will now have a gallery of images embedded into your post like below

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/vWLek[/imgur]

Cheers Al

Why didn't I see this a few days ago before making 5 posts of 5 images to get all the images uploaded!?!

I'll defs look into an imgur account...

• 1 month later...

You need to click on the "IMG" link in photobucket.

This is the correct link make the image viewable for forum boards.

The link you posted goes to your photobucket account.

I know it works because............

image_zpslcknqcn4.jpg

• 5 weeks later...