50 launches

BAFE

Unbreakable - for now. It might catch up with it in the future.

But how gorgeous is it?  That color  ooohweeee

Do all PDKs come with Launch Control or is it an option on top?

i have launch control in my car, which is PDK but also sports chrono with the sport plus option. Sport plus needs to be on to enable launch control.

Personally i have never used launch control and doubt id bother to be honest

Unbreakable - for now. It might catch up with it in the future.

But how gorgeous is it?  That color  ooohweeee

Do all PDKs come with Launch Control or is it an option on top?

I am still waiting for it to catch up with me. These properly cooled wet plate clutches should last a very long time much longer than a normal clutch. The computer is also minimising the clutch slip duration wich only lasts for less than a second reducing heat and wear. 

I have complete confidence in Porsche engineering of this technology. My EVO X on the other hand feels nowhere near as solid.

If you want grown adults to react like children just get them to 100kph in 3.1 seconds the expletives and look on the face priceless. 

Cheers JohnA - that makes sense  ie having the sports chrono and sports plus option = launch control.

Redracn - thats interesting. As someone who is toying with the idea of a 987.2 early next year (or if Michel keeps on at me, maybe a classic Targa ha ) the PDK is something that is obviously an option over a manual. So I should see how much more I can learn about the whilst I'm saving my pennies and waiting for the probationary period at my new job to kick over!

Hi Amanda

Save those penny's as the PDK is worth it. There is no way a manual clutch (i.e. human) can get as fast a launch with as little wear and stress on the clutch. The tech is not entirely new as similar clutchs have been around in motorbikes for a long time. I would put 16 or so moderate launches (not enough grip for full power on concrete) on the car in a day of motorkhana or 12 launches in an arvo at the drags. Just lucky I can not see the silly grin on my own face every time I do it.

Archived