Gratuitous Porsche Pics

I was always concerned about posting non butt pics in the ever popular "Butt Shot" post. Something to do with keeping the purity of the thread.

So I thought I'd just start a post for gratuitous Porche pics.

I am sure you all have pics that you'd like to share.

The following is a pic of early 911's taking over the carpark at Arthurs Seat. The colours are a big part of the period style.

TYP901_110521c.jpg

I want one of these, please.

Not Porsche but knarly just the same

Let her rip and hang on.

A Holman - Moody big balls Galaxie.

Dan Gurney's car no less. He wasn't too proud to drive one.

Drove a few other cars in his career also as well as building an F1 car.

Dave

1963-Ford-Galaxie-Race-Car-620x412.jpg

If you you need any convincing check out this clip.

Not a Galaxie but a Fairlane.

Same rush though.

Gee Steve, that would have been a nice drive. What did you think of it?

Dave, I am with you, what a great looking car. I had a 66 mustang convertible the same colour, Wimbledon white. Love the sound of those big V8's.

C

Gee Steve, that would have been a nice drive. What did you think of it?

Dave, I am with you, what a great looking car. I had a 66 mustang convertible the same colour, Wimbledon white. Love the sound of those big V8's.

C

the overriding impression of it was it was just like mine same sort of rawness and obviously from the same Gene pool .Only Faster, Better handling, and Man O Man those brakes, NOT just the power of the brakes but the cars demeanour under hard braking ultra ultra stable, so yes just like a 993 with 16 years of development by a bunch of very smart very anal German engineers.

Thanks Steve, great insight into the difference. One thing though, did it feel bigger on the road? That's one thing I love about the the pre 996 cars is the smallness. I saw Doug's 73 last weekend and loved the smallness and even my car looked bigger beside it. Doug do you notice a difference between the black beauty and the silver streak as far as size goes? By the way that photo you used to start this post is a ripper...

C

Thanks Steve, great insight into the difference. One thing though, did it feel bigger on the road? That's one thing I love about the the pre 996 cars is the smallness. I saw Doug's 73 last weekend and loved the smallness and even my car looked bigger beside it. Doug do you notice a difference between the black beauty and the silver streak as far as size goes? By the way that photo you used to start this post is a ripper...

C

Yes Chris it definitely feels bigger and not as nimble in really tight corners, however all is forgiven once the road opens up a bit. The really good thing though Chris is that mine didn`t feel like a shitbox after driving it.

By the way that photo you used to start this post is a ripper...

I think that photo speaks volumes about cool classic car ownership. B)

I also like the colours.

Thanks Steve, great insight into the difference. One thing though, did it feel bigger on the road? That's one thing I love about the the pre 996 cars is the smallness. I saw Doug's 73 last weekend and loved the smallness and even my car looked bigger beside it. Doug do you notice a difference between the black beauty and the silver streak as far as size goes?

I don't really notice much difference in size. In terms of width the rear guards are wider on the 3.2 Carrera.