Gratuitous Porsche Pics

That last passing move past the Aston was very impressive and I don't think any of the other cars would have fit through the gap!

I think the Porsche had the best tires by that stage but fifth on pole so was certainly in for a potential win. 

Is it a new car for 2019? Any revisions? Certainly was very competitive. 

38 minutes ago, donR said:

That last passing move past the Aston was very impressive and I don't think any of the other cars would have fit through the gap!

I think the Porsche had the best tires by that stage but fifth on pole so was certainly in for a potential win. 

Is it a new car for 2019? Any revisions? Certainly was very competitive. 

Its was the old car & its last international event.. what a send off & what a drive from Matty in the last stint 

The kid is a very impressive driver and I now Mark Webber highly rates him also ,,,,I dont think there will be any repercussions from the incident with Chazz in the BMW it looks to me on the slow mo replay that Mostert had braked late and missed the apex opening him self up for the under take from Campbell ..Both cars did touch twice as Mostert tried to cover the line but Campbell was well along side and committed at that point ..

I would think it will go down as just a racing incident ,,but I must admit I wish that the cars made no contact at all ,,it is a grey area and I can see both sides to the dispute ...If any thing was going to be done it should have been done directly after the incident ...

.6fc42ab6184359e0d6dfcb0ca579741b.jpg

Both were epic passes at times it was crucial for him to get past. Once he passed Mostert, it was obvious he had much more speed and grip than the Aston (a late tyre change helped there) as he had a near 3 second deficit yet caught him within 2 laps. 

Epic, epic drive and a big result for Earl Bamber and the team 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Far more entertaining than the V8 supercar 2 horse race ,,,I am certainly over the lack of manufacturers in that category  ...

That series has become a farce in my opinion. They don't build Commodores and Falcons here anymore, and the Mustang they have made fit the COTF chassis looks like they bolted on a roof from a bubble car! 

The sooner the Australian motorsport honchos accept that GT racing is global and the future, the better. It will attract international teams and constructors into Australia, yet the die hard Holden v Ford fans refuse to accept it IS the best series going. I've read on the Supercar page that a lot of people are switching to GT's, and yesterdays 12 hour really opened some eyes at how good it is. 

Stop flogging a dead horse and dump the current Supercar format 

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That series has become a farce in my opinion. 

Couldn’t agree more Lee.  Watched the last hour & half yesterday with my 22yo son & we were so fired up, yelling at the TV & on the edge of the lounge. 

Was an epic finish.  He then turned to me & said bugger The Adelaide 500, we’ve got to go to this race next year.  No arguments from me 👍 (& this is from a kid who’s been dragged by me to every Clipsal 500 since he was 4 years old!!).

I ‘ve loved the V8 supercars for many years, but with the world moving on, I reckon that category is dead in the water.

100 % agree Lee ....Just to add on that the ZB commodore will be run by the majority of teams this year ,,,,the car is essentially last years car with the ZB face lift and they are all running the SB 2 Chev Motorsport 5.0 V8 ,,,,not the the V6 TT power plant that was developed for the ZB commodore race cars ..

Mustangs and Camaro,s can currently compete in GT4 category ,you can buy these cars turn key in the U.S ready to race to the FIA regs ,we saw Mustangs compete yesterday ,,Adopt the GT format and let those who want to race V8,s compete in the GT4  class ..

19 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That series has become a farce in my opinion. They don't build Commodores and Falcons here anymore, and the Mustang they have made fit the COTF chassis looks like they bolted on a roof from a bubble car! 

The sooner the Australian motorsport honchos accept that GT racing is global and the future, the better. It will attract international teams and constructors into Australia, yet the die hard Holden v Ford fans refuse to accept it IS the best series going. I've read on the Supercar page that a lot of people are switching to GT's, and yesterdays 12 hour really opened some eyes at how good it is. 

Stop flogging a dead horse and dump the current Supercar format 

Couldn’t agree more Lee,

Bathurst used to be a great day and growing up watching production based cars (and even some with actual number plates still on them) running in multiple classes all having races within races was fantastic... 

This is why I enjoy the GT class now, different manufacturers, different engines and configurations and multiple classes for manufactures to have a chance to compete in with their cars. So much more interesting than some fabricated body panels wrapped over basically the same mechanical package and more like what made the old racing so much better