Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Piech's Hot Rod: Porsche 914/8

Porsche only built 2 914/8s. The first was a development mule that Piëch used to prove the concept of a 914/8. The second was built for Ferry Porsche as a birthday present. Both are very unique 914s still owned by Porsche and regularly shown at the museum in Stuttgart.

It had a 300 HP 3.0L 908 engine and a 916 transmission

MIQ914-8002-_M_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

And there in the background in some trendy photographer taking the obligatory (useless) close up of the wheel.

Glad somebody took a photo of the whole car.

The car is on display at the Rennsport Reunion VI ,,I think they had a total of 6 ...917 this years ,,,,saw the two Gulf 917 K cars on track today with live stream ,,,,great to see the owners not holding back considering the value of these classic beasts ..

I would title this photo "No Compromise".

This was me gate crashing a recent Ferrari Run in Perth (well I was invited but was meant to be riding shotgun in my friends 3200GT).

It's a simple pic but for me it's actually quite meaningful. As looking at this photo, it shows me what a great choice I made. The Porsche not only doesn't look out of place, but, I'd say it's now my preference.

NoCompromise.jpg.c4c58cec150b3adbdcbf6628b47f1e57.jpg

917 / 30 -004...........#6  the 1500 plus HP beast that Alan Hamilton purchased in 75 .

Car was returned to Porsche ownership in 91 when Porsche acquired Porsche Australia from Alan Hamilton ...

Currently part of Mr Seinfelds collection 

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/chassis/999/Porsche-917-30-917-30-004.html

img_20180928_152110_17e902a6d0f7850463b0