Gratuitous Porsche Pics

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

Most US pumps have three grades.  Some also have the diesel and some don’t.

note the credit card pre-pay on pump.  This needs to happen in Australia -badly.  No waiting on previous person to come back out of shop after pondering ‘2 chocolates for $5’ question and obligatory scratchie purchase.

also- what’s wrong with v-power?

Is the US V-Power 98 octane or 95?

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

also- what’s wrong with v-power?

Large Independent workshop reports lots of problems with cars running V power, none at all with cars that use Caltex or BP.  We've tended to run BP 98 mostly, occasionally Caltex, and very rarely, if ever, Shell or United...

28 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Large Independent workshop reports lots of problems with cars running V power, none at all with cars that use Caltex or BP.  We've tended to run BP 98 mostly, occasionally Caltex, and very rarely, if ever, Shell or United...

I used to have issues with VPower in my motorbikes. I would never use it in any vehicle. BP all the way.

56 minutes ago, SC 3.2 said:

Is the US V-Power 98 octane or 95?

The US has different scales like everything else.   A US gallon is not a gallon, the octane ratings are different, hp is measured differently etc etc etc.

so I don’t know what the comparable ‘top’ Fuels are

32 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Self gratuitous again

This iconic SA garage is soon to be replaced by some no doubt ugly box townhouses, so I took a few snaps and got all arty with black n white

20181111-152357.jpg

Great photo Lee, the SC looking the goods - imagine how fantastic the photo would look with a black over savannah 996 in front of the garage :ph34r:B):Beer:

15 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Great photo Lee, the SC looking the goods - imagine how fantastic the photo would look with a black over savannah 996 in front of the garage :ph34r:B):Beer:

Thanks mate. We'll see what happens with the latter there ?

4 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

It could be another good excuse for a car gathering like the "Hangar Banger" before it disappears?

Would be good, though it's a small place on the corner of a busy road with very limited parking. The locals would have a fit should there road by inundated with Porsches. I was going to ask the owner if I could get inside for phone camera shoot

18 minutes ago, Raven said:

That’s a great pic lee ..

Thanks mate. Gotta love the black n white feature on phones