Gratuitous Porsche Pics

22 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Congratulations...looks tidy.  Any details ?

Yep, '05 complied, don't know why, feels pretty tight and light, 996.2 manual poverty pack with "Hilux Grey" interior as my son called it. 

The 996 always looked heavy to me but i am more than pleasantly surprised, it feels very nimble and has a very nice feel to it, i  was speaking to @Dreamrearlier and he asked me what i thought, familiar was my first answer because the 944 is the only car to compare it with for me.

My very first impressions was how small and cramped the cockpit seemed compared to the 944 but after driving home i am used to it, and the flat 6 behind me, well what else can i say....

25 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Yep, '05 complied, don't know why, feels pretty tight and light, 996.2 manual poverty pack with "Hilux Grey" interior as my son called it. 

The 996 always looked heavy to me but i am more than pleasantly surprised, it feels very nimble and has a very nice feel to it, i  was speaking to @Dreamrearlier and he asked me what i thought, familiar was my first answer because the 944 is the only car to compare it with for me.

My very first impressions was how small and cramped the cockpit seemed compared to the 944 but after driving home i am used to it, and the flat 6 behind me, well what else can i say....

6 cylinder symphony.  Nothing to say.

7 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

My very first impressions was how small and cramped the cockpit seemed compared to the 944 but after driving home i am used to it

Really? I drove a 944 last weekend and I'd never have thought that! Congrats on the purchase, they're a great car 👍

On 13/12/2018 at 20:09, TINGY996 said:

So i got this today

gjiIVVp.jpg

T2G0hwa.jpg

Great looking car Tingy, welcome to the 996 ownership club.  As for the "Hilux grey" interior, mine's the same, it grows on ya.  Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and comparing notes.

A Caver inspired weekend away is overdue!

24 minutes ago, targa george said:

Great looking car Tingy, welcome to the 996 ownership club.  As for the "Hilux grey" interior, mine's the same, it grows on ya.  Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh and comparing notes.

A Caver inspired weekend away is overdue!

Yes we were talking yesterday and something will be done for next year.

I like the interior color but i took offense to "taxi grey".😁

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

Yes we were talking yesterday and something will be done for next year.

I like the interior color but i took offense to "taxi grey".😁

What a great car, I still have sellers remorse for my 996, in hindsight it was a very pure car, much under appreciated. Congratulations on your win.

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

What a great car, I still have sellers remorse for my 996, in hindsight it was a very pure car, much under appreciated. Congratulations on your win.

Well part of the reason i got the 996.2 was a conversation we had several years ago out on a drive and i remember you saying it was one of the best cars you had driven. This has stuck in my head this whole time i have been looking at these cars, so thank you for the free advice @GC9911.

Cleaning out my old photos from my CAMS Photographer days, came across these porkers at Winton and the Island

This was colour negative days...Non of that new fangled digital stuff back then.

If I come across any more as I do my culling, I will post them up if anyone is interested..

img20181217_14543170

Winton 1990

img20181217_14523582

Winton 1990

img20181217_14461174

The island 1993

img20181217_14540015

Winton 1992

img20181217_14532816

The Island 1993

img20181217_14445521

Winton 1990

On 04/12/2018 at 18:21, OZ930 said:

OldRace204

Amaroo Park.  Photo quality not the best, photo of a photo then enlarged.

On 07/12/2018 at 19:20, Airhead said:

Ross ? Mathesen Agree Shampoo turbo ( car now resides in Melb),Alan Hamilton 934 and John Latham 934  Blue car maybe Ian Luff turbo.

I was there on 13th July 1980 ! Yes it is Ross Mathesen but in a 3lt non turbo - I helped  Ross with and have driven the car at Calder - He won the Sports Car Championship in 1978/79 driving against a familiar name - Peter Fitzgerald. Yes it is Moffat driving the Hamilton car he won the series in 1980 before they changed it . John Latham the year before was driving a Bowell Nagari.

Saw and passed on info of Ross's car to the now owner in Melb.

This race result shows John Latham as winner,  Ross had a problem with the car that dropped him back in the field. Fitzy is probably in the blue car 2.7lt as he shows change of sponser (I remember his car as white).

29 minutes ago, AD911S said:

Hi Niko do you have any photos of   J Struik's car a yellow 911 in class B number 50 that raced at that time  Regards Peter  

Unfortunately the photos above are just some that I processed and kept hard copies of.  

The rest of my stuff is all negatives, and mainly following the touring car circuits back then.

As I cull, I will keep my eye out for anything on the negs that might be the STRUIK car, and get back to you if I do

It's a slow process and I'm only doing it when I have a bit of time up my sleeve.

I