Gratuitous Porsche Pics

21 minutes ago, Airhead said:

I looked at it and thought 356ish windscreen and that's as far as I got. Weird wheels.

yes, weird looking thing, a bit like the yellow Brazillian Puma kit car you identified.... both sort of    yeah...nah

17 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

External brake drums?

Those fins on the outside do look a bit like some sort of drum but I have to say I don't think they pay too much attention to brakes for the cars on the salt.

The real quick ones obviously just have a chute.    

Aerodynamically the type of wheels on that thing above seems to go against the norm for the salt.

A lot of the wheels on the various class cars just have aluminium discs over them such as this muzzy below 

20-8-08 various (34).jpg

4 hours ago, Raven said:

Impressions of the car and drive ..........?

It was only a short drive - 10 kms or so.  Power very raw, really comes alive at 4000rpm, great driving position, owner said to sit up close as heavy clutch that can be difficult to use, but I didn't find that, and didn't even stall once 🙂  Steering quite vague on uneven country roads due to suspension geometry, but apparently comes into it's own on the track.  Very squirrelly under light braking, obviously much better in a heavy application.  Driving position very comfortable, but apparently only for so long (about an hour tops I'm told 🙂 ).  F'n awesome looking in the side mirror and seeing that huge wing

I feel very privileged to have been given the opportunity to drive this valuable car, so obviously had no intentions of testing it's limits on the open, county road, even if no cars about.  Gotta say probably the more enjoyable drive was the manual E Type roadster with blueprinted, balanced motor I drove next..  Would like to try a "normal" 996 or 997 GT3 though......

20 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

F'n awesome looking in the side mirror and seeing that huge wing

@twoheads I had a similar experience with the same model just prior to Xmas helping a mate shuffle some of his collection. About an hour in Sydney traffic (unfortunately) so the forward driving position on heavier clutch came in to play for me with constant use. The comfort to me was surprising as i was expecting a harsh ride similar to some other GT cars I have driven, albeit we were on city roads for most of the trip.  I’m just 6 foot and found the driving position and seat comfort perfect for me. I get the whole looking in the review mirror 😍, glad you also had the same awesome experience. 👍

On 25/12/2018 at 11:36, Airhead said:

Actually its a Puma Kit car from Brazil. On a VW floorpan. A lot had rotary engines fitted.

image.png.edc9ba29ce2fec4b90389e9b9bc0909d.png

Thanks for the clarification.  I was initially thinking it was looking like a Renault Alpine A310 with different lights...

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

Love the Phantom 👍

I remembers as a kid on the side of Great western Hwy there was a real F86 Sabre for years displayed like that and also  a Canberra Bomber at Orchid Hills ADI facility ,,,,these days there is a fibre glass mook up in the F86,s  place but the Bomber has sadly gone ,,,as the real planes have become very valuable ...We would ride our bike to them as kids and climb all over them .... Great being a kid back then :)

WP Lizard 

4eafc861-b230-4251-8717-4acc12453844-8bd

img-20181021-081630-01-16-9-9aaf2437b671

The driver is Alan Hamilton that is his rare 911 TR ....story behind the car was he wanted a 911 R but the R was not allowed to compete in the ATCC due to being a very limited special with light weight glass and panels ,,so he ordered a base model  T with R engine and running gear,,, car is now part of Bowden collection these days 

Not certain of the track or location ,,,but it has that late 60,s early 70,s safety standards in the back ground :Chuckle2:

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/feature-cars/0903/1969-australian-touring-car-championship-porsche-911t-rallye