Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Golden rule for a manual, always leave it in gear, opposite to the slope you’re on. I recently viewed home footage of a car rolling down a drive over an owners son, could’ve killed him. The older the car the less a handbrake should be relied on.

Glad no Porches were damaged during that photo shoot.

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Golden rule for a manual, always leave it in gear, opposite to the slope you’re on. I recently viewed home footage of a car rolling down a drive over an owners son, could’ve killed him. The older the car the less a handbrake should be relied on.

Glad no Porches were damaged during that photo shoot.

It’s my understanding that using the opposite gear is from the days of the magneto late 1800 and early 1900. These days the lowest ratio would make more sense. In any case I will stick with turning the steering into the kerb. For older cars the wheel chock is still king. 😀

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

so what is everyone's pick if they could own one of these cars?  I have a hard-on for 934 Turbo RSRs Jeigermeister livery of course............

No 43 Would keep me happy I think :)