Gratuitous Porsche Pics

@ jim45 

I run a Yamaha R1 powered lotus 7 style car and i agree with the article above , the sound of a high revving motorcycling engine at 13000rpm is just bliss and also having to constantly work the engine above 6000rpm to keep in its power curb adds to the fun ,,,I am a huge fan of the ultra light weight cars eg under 500kg wet with driver and 200bhp bike engine , they are cheap easy to maintain and reliable as hell, amazing little engines . the R1 motor and gearbox I use weighs in at 65kg and produces 180hp form 998 cc at 12750 rpm , Amazing numbers for such a small compact engine ...In 13 years of sprint racing I have only destroyed one engine and replaced it the following weekend in a few hour with another low Klm wrecker motor for $2500 , they are a great thing ...

Car has done

1.42.561 lap time at SMSP GP 

and 1.05.071 at Wakefield park 

Photo Turn 1 SMSP at around  200kph hold it flat to the floor in 6th gear until the 50 meter braking marker at turn 2 :Chuckle2: 

45070200384-2629326eb7-k.jpg

19 minutes ago, Raven said:

@ jim45 

I run a Yamaha R1 powered lotus 7 style car and i agree with the article above , the sound of a high revving motorcycling engine at 13000rpm is just bliss and also having to constantly work the engine above 6000rpm to keep in its power curb adds to the fun ,,,I am a huge fan of the ultra light weight cars eg under 500kg wet with driver and 200bhp bike engine , they are cheap easy to maintain and reliable as hell, amazing little engines . the R1 motor and gearbox I use weighs in at 65kg and produces 180hp form 998 cc at 12750 rpm , Amazing numbers for such a small compact engine ...In 13 years of spring racing I have only destroyed one engine and replaced it the following weekend in a few hour with another low Klm wrecker motor for $2500 , they are a great thing ...

Car has done

and 1.05.071 at Wakefield park 

45070200384-2629326eb7-k.jpg

Sounds like a huge amount of fun.

I find this kind of concept / work intriguing.

Apologies went a bit off topic!!

4 hours ago, Raven said:

Photo Turn 1 SMSP at around  200kph hold it flat to the floor in 6th gear until the 50 meter braking marker at turn 2 :Chuckle2: 

Ballsy! And 1:42 is hooting along