Gratuitous Porsche Pics

I think the above 914 is a replica of fire vehicles used on tracks at time , nurburgring had 73 RS as a first responder that would make its way to accidents at speed ....from memory I think the RS was first on the scene when Lauda had his terrible crash at the Ring ..

ONS Header 01.jpg

ONS-Staffel-911-2-2000x1333.jpg

ONS-Staffel-fire-engine-911-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I think the above 914 is a replica of fire vehicles used on tracks at time , nurburgring had 73 RS as a first responder that would make its way to accidents at speed ....from memory I think the RS was first on the scene when Lauda had his terrible crash at the Ring ..

ONS Header 01.jpg

ONS-Staffel-911-2-2000x1333.jpg

ONS-Staffel-fire-engine-911-1.jpg

@Raven this is correct, Herbert Linge converted a 914 to carry fire equipment & then moved to the 911 which due to its rear engine layout was perfect for the task and obviously the RS was also much faster than the 914, this iconic car is said to have saved Lauda’s life. 

23 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

@Raven this is correct, Herbert Linge converted a 914 to carry fire equipment & then moved to the 911 which due to its rear engine layout was perfect for the task and obviously the RS was also much faster than the 914, this iconic car is said to have saved Laura’s life. 

Unique chin spoiler on the RS fitted with the S type spoiler and I have seen images of the RS with and without the duck tail or this could well be another car ...???

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Unique chin spoiler on the RS fitted with the S type spoiler and I have seen images of the RS with and without the duck tail or this could well be another car ...???

@Raven I was intrigued being a massive Formula 1 fan as well as a Porsche nut so........the car that arrived on the scene of the accident had a duck tail and a water tank under the hood, the one used in the move had neither of these and the actor used a hand held fire extinguisher. Clearly Ron Howard didn't do enough research for what is otherwise a great movie 😃