3.0, 3.2 Exhaust question

Cheshire Cat

Hey gents, I have a question for you. I`ve contacted with some guys, who able to make a stainless steel exhaust system on 3.0, 3.2 (probaby 3.6) engines, complete system with (or without) heat exchangers, muffler and everything you need to bolt it on. Basically they`re able to make all the kit or just some parts, depends on your needs. 

I want to tell you about them a little bit - working with exhaust and intake systems for about 10 years, most of the clients - street\drag car owners, all the systems are properly engeenered and welded using good quality stainless steel. I will show you some of the photos of their products but...

42f2b5cs-960.jpg

5e32d48s-960.jpg

b7b5178s-960.jpg

b3b5178s-960.jpg

b2a9ea4s-960.jpg

fd6537u-960.jpg

I`m going to make an order and it`ll take a while to fabricate it and ship from Ukraine (up to two months I guess) so, straight after I will recieve the product I be able to show it to whoever will be interested in, to check the quality and design and so on.

The retail price should be around 2000USD with shipping to Australia for the whole kit (headers+pipes+muffler+tip(s))

What I want to ask is - would you be interested in this at all?

Regards, George

So, while we're working on the concept, I need some help from you gents. 

I need exact measurements between left and right heads exhaust ports (how far are they from the engines center) and the offset between left and right ports as well (how much one side moved backwards compared to another). Could you help me with that please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It comes out 2600 USD landed. The shipment itself cost 500usd (two boxes 18 and 20 kg each). My previous assumption about the shipping cost was a bit wrong.
This particular system will be available for an inspection within 2 weeks I reckon. Just let me know if you want to check this out while it`s not on the car. 

Then - you`ll be able to hear it, which is important as well.

Yes, I did edit the price a bit. Apparently we are negotiating about the final price, more likely it`ll be 2600. 2100 for the product, 500 for the shipping.

Will try my best to make it a bit lower though.

Tres nice, but why keep the pre muffler?.  Why not an SSI clone two in two out?  Just asking...

SC will need a set of headers/heat exchangers muffler some time.  How many SC guys need (OK, want) this?  If there were several sets, they could be shipped more economically?  Bulk deal price? Then of course we have good ole' customs and border protection to deal with.

Tres nice, but why keep the pre muffler?.  Why not an SSI clone two in two out?  Just asking...

SC will need a set of headers/heat exchangers muffler some time.  How many SC guys need (OK, want) this?  If there were several sets, they could be shipped more economically?  Bulk deal price? Then of course we have good ole' customs and border protection to deal with.

We`ve (me) decided to go with more complicated design for the first prototype, because mine is a street car so to keep the sound a bit lower. With the RSR alike systems it`s a bit easier to make ones.

Will be able to do both styles (RSR like or original), not sure of the sound of SSI ones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok... Experience - probably one thing you won`t buy for money...

Anyway, the system shown doesn`t fit to the car. Why - long story, but we will fix it. The first concept was good in drawing but didn`t work.

I have installed the resonator and rear muffler of this system and you can here it in the videos I have linked here. Sorry for the really bad video quality, but the idea of the sound you can hear. 

With the simple words - the sound`s a bit reacher with low end, and seems like the car breathes much better, but who know, placebo?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived