Australian Delivered 3.0Lt 930 stereo head unit?

Righto, not holding my breath........

I am looking for a factory head unit for the 930 (Australian delivered 1976 model, Built 10/75). I don't expect to find one in PFA.

What I am looking for is any info on what head units where issued in 3Lt 930s in Australia? Images, stories, maybe you know somebody that owns an early 930 that could help me with my question?

The options on head units change around the world. As far as I know they changed for some countries, some where changed as dealers/owners ordered them?

It should of had a Blaupunkt Bamberg to my knowledge? Though this could be wrong? Within Bamberg there where different models? Many 3.0Lt cars had the recording option with a microphone in the centre console. But before I fork out a couple of grand for one I would like to be sure.

To add to the conundrum the head units in other countries had slightly different band widths. So the last number on the FM band is 104 on most of them, here in Australia the last number would have been 108. I will weigh this up if I can even find one.....

I have all the information that Porsche Australia knows about my car. I also have a COA and the stereo option was not denoted on any document I can get my hands on.

In 1975 they sent 6 cars here, 1976 saw 14 cars and in 1977 they delivered 21 cars. So There are not many here to help answer my questions?

Anybody????????????????????????????

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you need a Blapunkt Bamberg there are different versions and names  ie; Blapunkt Frankfurt but for the 3.0 930's the Blapunkt Bamberg was the standard radio cassette player that came with the car that's why it wont not be shown on any COA, its like listing window wipers on a COA so its not necessary

I have a Blapunkt Bamberg Radio Cassette for EURO 76/77 930 and Tuner and AMP and Preset BOX, without MIC  It will be listed in the forsale section over next couple of days, it lights up that's as far as I got with it, i

but it is missing some parts and was one of the projects I started to get the car to factory spec

Righto, not holding my breath........

I am looking for a factory head unit for the 930 (Australian delivered 1976 model, Built 10/75). I don't expect to find one in PFA.

What I am looking for is any info on what head units where issued in 3Lt 930s in Australia? Images, stories, maybe you know somebody that owns an early 930 that could help me with my question?

The options on head units change around the world. As far as I know they changed for some countries, some where changed as dealers/owners ordered them?

It should of had a Blaupunkt Bamberg to my knowledge? Though this could be wrong? Within Bamberg there where different models? Many 3.0Lt cars had the recording option with a microphone in the centre console. But before I fork out a couple of grand for one I would like to be sure.

To add to the conundrum the head units in other countries had slightly different band widths. So the last number on the FM band is 104 on most of them, here in Australia the last number would have been 108. I will weigh this up if I can even find one.....

I have all the information that Porsche Australia knows about my car. I also have a COA and the stereo option was not denoted on any document I can get my hands on.

In 1975 they sent 6 cars here, 1976 saw 14 cars and in 1977 they delivered 21 cars. So There are not many here to help answer my questions?

Anybody????????????????????????????

For 1976, the radio if ordered at the time of delivery for Australia was a dealer fitted accessory, it would not have come from the factory so equipped.  Popular models fitted in Australia at this time were Voxon and Philips.  If a Victorian car, chances are it would have been a Phillips 860 Turnlock.  I have never seen a 1976 Australian delivered Porsche fitted with a Blaupunkt radio at delivery, but I could be wrong! 

Archived