Ever bought back your old car?

I would be interested to know this too. How you would feel seeing how the car has aged or how well that it's  been looked after. I think even just seeing your old car after some time would be interesting. Have you seen your Porsche around Amanda?

I sold an RX4 coupè to a wally no1 

Built another one, better. Traded it for the old one after wally1 messed it up.

Fixed it up nice and traded it to his mate wally 2 for an XB GS 4 door that the wally1 sold to him, and I did it up and sold it to wally1.

I profited each time and had heaps of fun.

Edit.  

Btw, I call them wally 1 n 2 because neither of them appreciated what they had.

I would be interested to know this too. How you would feel seeing how the car has aged or how well that it's  been looked after. I think even just seeing your old car after some time would be interesting. Have you seen your Porsche around Amanda?

No but I did email the current owner.  She's sitting in his garage, under a car cover and only comes out for special drives.  He also hinted he may have to sell her early next year -  so ummm... that is kinda why I made this post.  Early next year is also the same time that I should be ready to start looking for one.

Fixed it up nice and traded it to his mate wally 2 for an XB GS 4 door that the wally1 sold to him and did it up and sold it to wally1.

I had trouble keeping up with that tale :D  good work firststone.

Yep, a 55 Chev Belair.

All original black 6 cylinder. Ex government car for US diplomats 'back in the day' I bought for 4 grand 15 or so years ago.

Reluctantly sold it to a guy for 10k a year later coz I was unemployed.  Got a call a few months later asking if I wanted it back, so I scored it for 8k. Hung onto it for another 2 years, then sold it for 25k. Still regret selling it, but it was the right thing to do at the time

Sounds like you and the current owner get along pretty well..........

As they say, you don't buy the car you buy the owner - He knew he was getting a good car and sounds like he's taking good care of it. They also say better the devil you know. ;)

I wouldn't rule it out. 

Sounds like you and the current owner get along pretty well..........

As they say, you don't buy the car you buy the owner - He knew he was getting a good car and sounds like he's taking good care of it. They also say better the devil you know. ;)

I wouldn't rule it out. 

Are you talking to me Hugh?  If so yes,  he is a nice guy.  He went on a SMT in it last year too. and I'm not ruling it out - only reason I'm not is that I never wanted to sell it. I LOVED it and was literally heart broken having to part with it.  So will see what happens :)   there's many other options too, so it won't matter one way or the other really.

Fixed it up nice and traded it to his mate wally 2 for an XB GS 4 door that the wally1 sold to him and did it up and sold it to wally1.

you sound handy to have around ?

Sorry, yes - it was directed at you. It could create a nice story with a happy ending being reunited! 

Or there's the story that ends in an old targa.............maybe that's chapter 3. :D

Yep!  I'm a believer of 'if its meant to be it will be'  :)  

While it is not exactly my old car, earlier this year I purchased my dad's 911 SC back off the person he sold it to in 2003. My dad passed away in 2008 but never forgot this car so it was good to be able to have it back in the family again. Other than some very minor changes made during the 12 years with it's 'other' owner, the car feels exactly the same. Only change i've made is adding a child seat in the back so my own son can now enjoy the experience with me!

I passed my old Monaro on the road 7 years after selling.  I'd have it back in a heartbeat.  One look from SWMBO told me "Don't even think about it!"  

so where have you got it hiding?

I got one of my old cars back though is call it a foreclosure more than a buy back.  Too much emotion caught up in it, too much work to get it back on the road and I let it go for pennies.  I'd buy it back in a heartbeat if I could find it, assuming it hasn't been ruined.

Other cars I wouldn't want back. So it's more about the emotional connection to the car than anything.

Bikes too! I also bought back an old Suzuki Katana 1000 I sold. Theyre a very rare bike the 1000 (750 and 1100's not so much), though i sold it again to fund my Superbike racing. 'If I could turrrrrrn back time'!

Theyre fetching $20k plus in Oz nowadays,and a highly sought after in Japan by serious collectors. Have seen one go for $40k

Archived