Is there any interest in a Victorian P-Car run this Sunday (13th of Sept) to the XXX?

I've never organised an SMT before but I'll be heading out early morning for whoever wants to join.

My solo route is XXX for a pie, then through XXX before stopping again in XXX for a coffee but if the SMT collective has a better plan, I am happy to go with the flow. 

Meet up would be early, around 7ish, not sure where, depends where everyone is coming from but I will be leaving from Fitzroy. 

I'm always interested... earlier is better.   6:15 meet for a 6:30 departure usually avoids some of the mobile roadblocks

Yikes Harvs, there's an early meet and then there's an early meet. Agree about avoiding the roadblocks but I'm worried I'll be sent to sleep in the spare bedroom if I set an alarm for that early on a Sunday morning. 

Yikes Harvs, there's an early meet and then there's an early meet. Agree about avoiding the roadblocks but I'm worried I'll be sent to sleep in the spare bedroom if I set an alarm for that early on a Sunday morning. 

My alarm goes off at 4:30-5am for SMTs.. depending on location and time. But Harvs is correct. 6-6:15 meet and 6:30 leave is usually the best time. 

Unfortunately i wont be able to come, as much as i want to. There's a miss communication from my engine to gearbox.. My clutch didn't want to be apart of anything anymore. 

Enjoy :) 

I'm a possible goer! Is snow an issue?

Oooh 22 degrees forecast! Might be nice ???

Hi Pam, no there are no problems there, it would only be if we did the turn up to Lake Mountain.   But normal XXXX run is fine.

Edited by Chris-p

Is there any interest in a Victorian P-Car run this Sunday (13th of Sept) to the XXX?

I've never organised an SMT before but I'll be heading out early morning for whoever wants to join.

My solo route is XXX for a pie, then through XXX before stopping again in XXX for a coffee but if the SMT collective has a better plan, I am happy to go with the flow. 

Meet up would be early, around 7ish, not sure where, depends where everyone is coming from but I will be leaving from Fitzroy. 

... and we don't talk about the route on the forum.  I have XXX out all the details in the original post :)

I'm glad you cleared that up  . Isn't XXX an establishment of dubious repute in the city. B)

The last few runs we have met at the McDonalds in Tecoma.

We normally go through the SMT etiquette at the start... and we don't talk about the route on the forum.  I have XXX out all the details in the original post :)

You've made me sound like a dirty man D-banger, I haven't been in an XXX venue at 615am in the morning for some time! 

Nonetheless, as I posted this drive suggestion on the PFA boards, I guess it comes under the PFA rules. Apologies for posting the locations, i was just advising my normal solo route and wasn't intending it to be hte route for this weekend. 

Given Nicko is on board and he is abreast with the formalities, i'll let him run the show :D

What's involved in these?

Looks like I'll be picking the car up on Saturday but don't want to push it too much until I get a feel for it.

Don't be concerned. SMT's are a great opportunity to feel your car out through some twisties and catch up with the crew.

Great drive through some wonderfull roads which is normally followed by breakfast. Most of us get home before midday.

It's not a race track, so there is no pressure on anyone to drive like that. Come along and enjoy.

Mate of mine has recently taken delivery of a fantastic new beast but i don't think i'll get him to Maccas by 6:30am

I might "do the usual run " but look to leave an hour later.  

TXT me details of any uniformed photographers you see along the way...

I'll also bring the walkie talkie in case you boys are a bit slow leaving or you stop too many times and we catch you. :)

Mate of mine has recently taken delivery of a fantastic new beast but i don't think i'll get him to Maccas by 6:30am

I might "do the usual run " but look to leave an hour later.  

TXT me details of any uniformed photographers you see along the way...

I'll also bring the walkie talkie in case you boys are a bit slow leaving or you stop too many times and we catch you. :)

just get out of bed earlier you lazy toad

I'm a possible goer! Is snow an issue?

I did a solo run through XXX a few weeks ago, 1 degree was the lowest I saw,  a little slushy ice on the shoulder in very few places but otherwise fine.

i just fitted a new set of semi slicks for an upcoming track day and can't be stuffed changing back to road rims and tyres so I'll probably sit this one out.  Bugger.  Or maybe I'll come anyway and just drive gingerly......?

I did a solo run through XXX a few weeks ago, 1 degree was the lowest I saw,  a little slushy ice on the shoulder in very few places but otherwise fine.

i just fitted a new set of semi slicks for an upcoming track day and can't be stuffed changing back to road rims and tyres so I'll probably sit this one out.  Bugger.  Or maybe I'll come anyway and just drive gingerly......?

Doug, I went through on Sunday morning and it was dry as a bone. No moisture, moss or slush.

If the weather holds out, conditions should be ok for semis.