Edgy and Blue964's Excellent 991GT3 Adventure

Blue964

Edgy and I happen to be in Las Vegas at the same time next week. So what else would a couple of GT3 obsessed dudes do when in Las Vegas...why not hire a 991GT3 and absolutely flog it on a speedway track. Edgy and I are going to do some hot laps in a 991GT3 around the Las Vegas speedway and in the words of Big Kevin, we are F!@#ing excited about that. Tune in next week for some photos of our most excellent adventure and our assessment of the 991GT3.

So this is Exotics Racing? Drove the 430 Scud around their track a few years ago, was a great experience. I hope you guys get good instructors who are happy to let you "take the wheel". Mine was blabbing in my ear calling each up and down shift! Still had a ball though, very jealous indeed!

So this is Exotics Racing? Drove the 430 Scud around their track a few years ago, was a great experience. I hope you guys get good instructors who are happy to let you "take the wheel". Mine was blabbing in my ear calling each up and down shift! Still had a ball though, very jealous indeed!

yup, sure is exotics racing

Without wanting to be a buzz-kill just be aware that Exotics have dumbed down their GT3 due to them being more difficult to drive than a 4WD car.

You want the full buzz make sure you jump into the Aventador as well - but don't leave Exotics thinking you got the full GT3 experience or else your opinion of them will be underwhelming.

I reckon the scud I drove was dumbed down a bit as it wasn't that mind blowing power wise. It was also 44 degrees Celsius that day.

The track is not the oval or in the oval. Exotics Racing have their own purpose built track in the parking lot of the speed way - it's a nice little technical track.

Finally have stopped with all the work BS now, am leaving Chicago in the morning and it is time to relax! Can't hardly wait! As I said, its cheaper than flogging your own gt3..... :D 

Shame you cannot make it up to Monterey with us for Rennsport mate. 

haha, you must have posted this after the 2.5 bottles of wine and 6 beers we drunk

SO it appears what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas! ? 

mate thanks for the company & awesome times that we had! I will organise another PFA mid-week meet up shortly. 

That 991 GT3 is just incredible!! What an experience... I'll get some photos and video up when I get a moment. 

Just a shame they gave you the "faster" car...............

So Edgy and I did our drive today and it was a lot of fun. They definitely ain't dumbed down GT3s. I have to say that the 991GT3 is an unbelievable car to drive--especially on a track. The 991GT3 makes my 996GT3 feel like a tractor to drive--anyone want to buy my 996GT3 as I want a 991GT3. This was my first serious drive of a PDK and have to say I don't understand why anyone would dislike it. Shifting up through the gears with your foot flat on the throttle is a fantastic feeling. The only thing I didn't like about the PDK is that it doesn't give you that same sensation as physically slamming through gears of a regular manual. Somehow a gentle two fingered flick of a paddle to shift gear when coming out of a corner hard with the RPM on redline is not the same feeling as physically slamming through gears. Still, the performance from the PDK is amazing.  I was also impressed with the feeling of the electric steering, which I must admit I was somewhat skeptical about but it delivered plenty of feeling IMHO. The brakes on the 991 were f ing unbelievable. The all wheel steering made it a lot easier to take a tighter line through some of the corners. The only thing that I really hated is that the GT3s sounded very lame when on the track with the Ferraris and Lambo--my god the F430 Scud was an amazing sounding car. 

Edgy's going to hate me for this, but his best lap time was 59 seconds and I came in 1 second quicker with a 58 second lap time. 

Here's a few pics of the GT3 I drovegt31_zpsg8nizcbz.jpggt32_zpsbo8ojsui.jpg

Just a shame they gave you the "faster" car...............

The white ones are faster than the blue ones

• 3 weeks later...

Super delayed reply... I'm only back to the office today! 

Well that was a blast to catch up with Blue 964 in vegas.. we had fun the night before and the day after... The 991 GT3 is just phenomenal! What an incredible car, loads of grip, steering, brakes  and importantly GO! :D 

Some pics

Some bastard stole the "fast one" :lol:

IMG_7543_zpsobungg2e.jpg

IMG_7539_zpsfhwofiek.jpg

I got the Sapphire Blue "Slow One" :lol: 

IMG_7541_zps3fjcdjkp.jpg

IMG_7548_zps5tr3tssx.jpg

They have a TT :) 

IMG_7559_zpszrcs0zch.jpg

And a Cayman GTS, which is pretty bad-ass IMO. 

IMG_7553_zpsahxdhh69.jpg

Hitting the track 

IMG_7585_zpscvbwe5lt.jpg

The F430 Scud had the best interior and sounded the best I have to say! Not sure about the rest? 

IMG_7573_zpszmgzzddf.jpg

If you're familiar with the TV show Counting Cars, we stopped by the shop on the way home from the track... turns out he has a 996 TT in the collection! :D 

IMG_7008_zpsmxmvly92.jpg

Will see if I can get some videos up! I have 150+ Rennsport reunion photos to post too.... not sure how I am going to handle that! 

Archived