Just wondering if anyone from here will be attending this event on this coming Sunday 19th of September?

Full details are on their site, but all I know is that its at Cathy Freeman Park, kicking off around 8am or so.

I will be taking the 964 out for a run, not entering however. With a plan to head back just after lunch. Seeing though I missed the Hunter Valley run, it would be good to catch up with anyone from the forum.

Adrian

Pity the turnout was so low as it was a good location and well organized.  I haven't been to one for a few years but remember them being much bigger.

There were VERY few early 911's.  4 Speedsters though (three 89's and one 93).

I managed to get there around 1pm and as you can imagine there were plenty of parking spaces available.

Saw a Dark Blue Speedster though, one of the above mentioned 89's tucked away in the back amongst the trees. Another fav was the 964 C2 Targa, have always been a fan of that blue.

Will try and get there earlier for the next one.

P.S. Personally the friendly turnout of the local PFA meets is something that I favour more. We need another SMT! :)

I managed to get there around 1pm and as you can imagine there were plenty of parking spaces available.

Saw a Dark Blue Speedster though, one of the above mentioned 89's tucked away in the back amongst the trees. Another fav was the 964 C2 Targa, have always been a fan of that blue.

Will try and get there earlier for the next one.

P.S. Personally the friendly turnout of the local PFA meets is something that I favour more. We need another SMT! :)

hi mate. Sorry I missed you. An hour was enough. Was a bit 'dry' to be honest. Autohaus have a drive coming up at wismans and thinking of a pre Xmas PinTP. Ideas on route welcome

20150920_094543.jpg

20150920_094138.jpg

20150920_092540.jpg

20150920_092446.jpg

20150920_092201.jpg

20150920_092123.jpg

20150920_092058.jpg

did you win mr outlaw??

that 914 parked near you must have been strong competition :)

I have no idea - I had to duck off to a lunch and when I got back just before 3 the place was deserted! There were just 2 older PFA gents hanging around my car.

Thought it was meant to go to 4pm but people must have scrambled at the first sign of rain.

I went with a couple buddies one of them in the 550 spyder replica. But all in all it was a bit of a fizzer. considering the hype and $25 just for parking fee.

Mr Ron Goodman was well represented though !!!:rolleyes:

I agree with asgraham, much more in favour to a local PFA meet.

I agree, for the biggest Porsche event of the year it was all a bit underwhelming.

That 550 was one of my favourites, the other being the blue C3. The 356 I posted looks sick (from 10 metres away) and the white 450kw turbo looks like a LOT of fun.

Got there about 11.00, weather just closing in, was also underwhelmed, seemed a bit haphazard.

The location and layout at the Armoury, I think, showcased the cars better. Less clutter, open landscape etc.

Cant be too critical though, it's all done by volunteers, who donate a lot of time to organise these things. So thanks.

Love to 72S though.

I have no idea - I had to duck off to a lunch and when I got back just before 3 the place was deserted! There were just 2 older PFA gents hanging around my car.

Thought it was meant to go to 4pm but people must have scrambled at the first sign of rain.

Aaaah no wonder I didn't see you there JV. The white Carrera 'SS', with the supercharger and gold wheels took out the outlaw the category and Fuzzy's silver 997 Turbo got second.

We headed off just before 3pm as it was rapidly winding down. On the plus side though, both my boys and my wife thought your car was the best there.

I don't usually post on forums even where I am a member-life's too short- but as I actually enjoyed the PC Concours last Sunday I thought that I should add a comment.

The PC outgrew the longstanding Clontarf venue for the Concours a few years ago and selected the Armoury at Newington because it offered more space and was more conveniently located for more members.

The Armoury initially worked but problems with the overzealous security,a lack of atmosphere  and the fact that attendees were effectively "locked in" until the afternoon meant that the PC decided to seek another more convenient venue and they selected Cathy Freeman Park in the centre of Sydney Olympic Park for this year's event.It did not have the issues of locking in the attendees and also and I believe importantly its location meant that members of the public could access it freely.

When the PC selected the date for the Concours way in advance to secure the venue they were not to know that it clashed with the US Rennsport ,the Wakefield Historics and the Canberra German Car Day.These clashes reduced the number of cars at the Concours.

Contrary to one comment above I thought the atmosphere was very friendly and most definitely not highbrow.But as we all know you can make anything seem like you want it to be.

The overcast threatening weather which turned into rain at midday was not helpful for the event but the PC could not help that.

As one post points out above the PC event was put together by volunteers who put a lot of work into making it a succesful day.We really should be supporting them.

A PFA event and the PC Concours are two totally different animals.I would like to think that in 2016 all the PFA members who are members of the PCNSW get behind the 2016 Concours and support it enthusiastically and enter their cars even if it is only for the Treffen.that way we know it will be a success.If you are a PCNSW member and you don't support it why are you a member?

I should point out that I had no personal involvement with the running of the concours but I did enjoy the day and I appreciated the hard work that went into putting it together.At my advancing age I understand that in life it is so much easier if you are positive and enthusastic and that you get out there and do things and support events with a smile and you should even be prepared to sign your own name on your posts.

John Shingleton

my photos of the Concours can be found on my blog at TheRollingRoad.Blogspot.com

Archived