Black is Beautiful

monty188

As sorry as I was to see my Boxster drive way some months ago, I 

began my search in a ridiculously buoyant market, to buy a car that I liked and could afford. No easy task.

I was looking for a honest, well looked after, but not perfect car. I am really pleased ( and who wouldn't be?)  with what I have ended up with.

So in short ,its an 1984 Aussie delivered carrera coupe. It's had 2 prior owners, the previous owner purchased it when it was 18 months old and has had it for the last 29 years !!!!.  

The original paint has more than a few scratches and chips and needs some work, but if you stand far enough away it looks great. :lol: 

Auto Art tell me the engine is fine there and there is no  rust in any of the all original panels and and it comes with the standard inoperative air conditioning package.

Anyway enough of the story , a few quick pics from my phone,

IMG_0633.thumb.JPG.0cb862e12a4125442b947

IMG_0622.thumb.JPG.d0718407eadadf9c9d0feIMG_0617.thumb.JPG.6ece0709c829bc999fd75IMG_0641.thumb.JPG.a55de1efbeea9cd3a7ad5IMG_0637.thumb.JPG.d7c3359623b36df893e81

Congratulations Monty, looks fantastic. 

Agree with Harvs it needs to come down to earth a bit....

looking forward to seeing it on an SMT soon

c

I definitely agree its needs to be lowered , the new tires are lower profile and really emphasize the gap.

Its on the TODO list as is an SMT.

Congratulations! Great looking car.

Was the previous owner named John by any chance?

If its the car im thinking of, i used to see it parked in Lonsdale St every Sunday morning. A few years back i left a note a note on the windscreen asking if it was for sale.

One morning i saw him parking and pulled over and had a chat. Great guy, and a very original honest car (if its the one im thinking of). Congats again, a great find in the current market.

Danny

Congratulations! Great looking car.

Was the previous owner named John by any chance?

If its the car im thinking of, i used to see it parked in Lonsdale St every Sunday morning. A few years back i left a note a note on the windscreen asking if it was for sale.

One morning i saw him parking and pulled over and had a chat. Great guy, and a very original honest car (if its the one im thinking of). Congats again, a great find in the current market.

Danny

Yes his name is John, so you could be on the money. 

Archived