Fister Exhaust Mod for 997 Carrera S

Raven

Hi Vinnie,

I ordered the Fister sports exhaust from Darin FD Motorsports a few weeks ago. They took around 2 weeks to fabricate and a little over a week to ship. Darin uses USPS with tracking which quotes 6-10 days.  The Fister cost me in USD: 

Fister 997.1 non-S sport mufflers with exchange $325
Velvet Black $225
Shipping $305
CORE FEE $550 refunded upon good core returns
Total $1405 ($855 after core refund)

I had the exhaust sent directly to Autohaus Hamilton in Sydney and took around 3 hours to fit. This general fitment time may be less, as my Porsche OEM tips on the previous mufflers were welded on, so ended up purchasing new Dansk dual sport tips. The Porsche tips were way too expensive at $650 plus gst per side. I kept my old mufflers,  because the porsche tips are still attached and the return shipping would eat into too much of the core fee refund offered by Darin. 

So a lot more expensive than what Tong had fitted. Hope this helps.

Michael

Thanks for the info Michael

Saw your clips on youtube as well. Keep up with the good work ;-)

Cheers,
Vinnie

Mine were modified locally by Penrith City Exhaust and he just did Tong,s car I went 1 inch and 3/4 bypass pipe

Penrith City Exhaust (02) 4721 3838 Eddie is the man $200 to do both mufflers you have to remove them and he will do the bypass work or alternatively he can remove them for an additional cost :D

Thanks Raven :D

Anyone in Perth happen to have done this on their 996 3.6?

Wouldn't mind a listen, i've got an aftermarket custom exhaust from a local exhaust shop here, (done by previous owner), but feel it's a touch too loud (i'm getting old n boring i guess). No drone, but i think I just prefer the quiet idle then loud when giving it the beans type sound.

• 2 years later...
On 06/04/2017 at 20:30, Raven said:

Penrith City Exhaust (02) 4721 3838 Eddie is the man $200 to do both mufflers you have to remove them and he will do the bypass work

Are you still happy with yours after a few years Raven?

The engine is out of my car at the moment, and will be until next week, so I started thinking perhaps it’s the time to get this done while they’re (presumably) just taking up space on a shelf at Autohaus right now... 😂

44 minutes ago, JWM said:

The engine is out of my car at the moment, and will be until next week, so I started thinking perhaps it’s the time to get this done while they’re (presumably) just taking up space on a shelf at Autohaus right now... 😂

Yes 100% happy with it get Autohaus to mod the mufflers if the engine is out very easy to do and sounds great I would not have it another way I went 1 inch and 3/4 bypass pipe ,,,I think that,s loud enough gives the car a very sporty flat six sound over the stock flappy fart sound ... Images #1 post show how to do it :Beer:

51 minutes ago, JWM said:

Do it, i did 1"3/4 as well on my 996.2, no drone but a good bark over 4,000rpm.

11 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Do it, i did 1"3/4 as well on my 996.2, no drone but a good bark over 4,000rpm.

11 hours ago, Raven said:

Yes 100% happy with it get Autohaus to mod the mufflers if the engine is out very easy to do and sounds great I would not have it another way I went 1 inch and 3/4 bypass pipe ,,,I think that,s loud enough gives the car a very sporty flat six sound over the stock flappy fart sound ... Images #1 post show how to do it :Beer:

Awesome, thanks guys. This was just the inspiration I needed... 👍 😄

Sent your pics in an email to Autohaus to see if they can do it (or organise it) for me otherwise I’ll collect and take to the place you recommended in Penrith. 

5 hours ago, Raven said:

Eddie at pentith exhaust has done a few including mine he came recommended from the guys at zag Porsche who do all the backdated cars 😎

I ended up getting Autohaus to sort it. Cost a bit more but they'll organise it being couriered back and forth, etc... Probably to the same place, I didn't ask. Will be done when I pick the car up... 👍

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, looking to get the fister/ gundo mod done to my 997.1 Carrera S. Anyone know of someone closer to the city that can do this mod please?, Penrith is too far for me.

Also looking for someone to do the complete service.

Not Autohaus as had a bad incident with them lately.

For a routine service I actually go to PCW as you get Porsche road side assist thrown in for 12 months and on their classic program it’s <600 for a minor service. Fista, I only know Dave who did mine or others that used AH. you could call pr tech they may know someone

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on mine. HI-TEC mufflers in Darlinghurst did the gundo / fister exhaust mod with 1 3/4 pipe. 

Complete drive in drive out job for $880. I spoke with owner Lambros. They have done a few for this mod now he said.

Sounds excellent. The low down farty sound that stock has, has gone. It's louder a bit but not too much, just perfect, sounds great!

Overall best monet I've spent, totally recommend this simple muffler mod.