2017 Macan Turbo & GTS ordered

edgy

We have been following the Macan for some time and after going through our "lengthy" evaluation process we placed our order today for a 2016 Macan Turbo. ?

Went light on options but here's the build:

2016 Porsche Macan Turbo

Rhodium Silver metallic

20" RS Spyder wheels

Headlamps lighting in black with PDLS

Shadow trim in high gloss black 

Tow bar 

Porsche Crest embossed in head rests of front seats

Ventilated front seats

Brushed Aluminun scuff plates with illuminated model emblem

Lane change assist 

3 Zone AC 

Digital Radio 

Piano Black interior (instead of brushed aluminium)

Few other things thrown in and a little discount. 

Delivery in May/June 2016. 

Very happy with PCSS 

cheers 

Nice one, Edgy.   Macans always rate a second look on the road. 

It's a bit rude that they charged extra for lane change assist.  I believe it's part of the normal VW/Audi/Porsche electronics pack using the parking sensors which are already fitted. 

Edgy, I'm back to considering a Macan after getting over the pricing shock.  What sort of % discount should I be gunning for.....?  What lead time did they quote.  I'm still planning diesel so I hope VW diesel gate changes the negotiation and lead time!

congrats by the way.

I'm excited for you. Sounds great. Yum! :)

We're excited too! ? 

Nice one, Edgy.   Macans always rate a second look on the road. 

It's a bit rude that they charged extra for lane change assist.  I believe it's part of the normal VW/Audi/Porsche electronics pack using the parking sensors which are already fitted. 

Well their options are weird, they come with lots of standard equipment but you can option a better version of it!

ie: Cruise control, it comes with it.. But you can option "active cruise". 

We had it optioned but I dropped it at last minute, just didn't think it was bang for buck at $3k. 

Parking assist is standard, but you can get a better one again..... For you guessed it, more money ? 

Lane change assist is standard with the 2016 price increase. ?

Edgy, I'm back to considering a Macan after getting over the pricing shock.  What sort of % discount should I be gunning for.....?  What lead time did they quote.  I'm still planning diesel so I hope VW diesel gate changes the negotiation and lead time!

congrats by the way.

Thanks Doug. ?

% wise it seems to be your doing well to get anything but 1-2% if your lucky and friendly with your SA...negotiate in some options if you can.  

I too had that sticker shock... But after going full circle there just isn't anything like it! Maybe drive the Turbo and see what I mean! Or don't.. 

Were looking at delivery in May or June at the latest... Maybe April if all went well... Diesel is less wait but varies dealer to dealer! I beleive the big wait time is on Petrol S

We're also looking at the Macan. Drove the diesel which was surprisingly very quick but cannot believe how good this thing handles!!  we are also waiting for the GLC to come out in December, but I think we are comparing apples with oranges.

the only thing that disappoints us is the limited colour range, but that's personal.

Can I ask what was the cost for the towbar?

Congrats on your purchase !:rolleyes:

We're also looking at the Macan. Drove the diesel which was surprisingly very quick but cannot believe how good this thing handles!!  we are also waiting for the GLC to come out in December, but I think we are comparing apples with oranges.

the only thing that disappoints us is the limited colour range, but that's personal.

Can I ask what was the cost for the towbar?

Congrats on your purchase !:rolleyes:

They're a great drive indeed! 

Towbar is about $2k ~ Not cheap, no option was/is :lol: 

Nice one.

I've had my Macan Turbo for a little over a year now and I still love it. They really are a great thing. Your spec looks good - I wish I had got the Vented seats now.

Cheers. 

Every owner only ever has words of endorsement! I am happy with the decision we have made and the basic spec! I was shown some other customer orders by my SA that were eye watering.. :lol:  

There is lots of positives for long term ownership plans, which we are looking at 5-10 years for this one. 

Delivery in May/June next. :(

I leave in December. Can't they speed it up so I can at least have a look. 

My Aunty lives in FNQ, you never know.... I might have to "visit her" one day. ;) 

Edgy did you consider the Macan GTS launched today. Odd that pcb made no mention of it when I called in to talk Macan today:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/391989/porsche-macan-gts-pricing-and-specifications-0-100kmh-in-5-2s-available-now/

Actually we did talk it over mate, but that is not because I knew about it or was told about it... I was being shown the order wait list and when he scrolled to the bottom I noticed the wait list for "Macan GTS" to which I asked questions... the only thing I could say for certain was it is going to be Carmine red. :lol:  

Being S based... it didn't really catch my fancy and at the time my SA was only speculating on the specifications (which he pretty much got right now they're out) based on those of the Cayenne GTS... GREAT Looking Macan I must say! But I am sold on the Turbo and that 3.6 mill... it really is something nice! :) 

Could you be swayed into one? I know you went in for diesel.. but it looks like a pretty good spec, I suspect will hold value well too. 

Thinking about it.  I'll do the numbers but it has good spec and probably better value than a diesel with air suspension, sports seats etc.  diesel is ok in base trim but option it up and it declines in value relative to GTS and turbo which come loaded.

also noticed dark blue is discontinued for my17 so maybe a red GTS instead.

Thinking about it.  I'll do the numbers but it has good spec and probably better value than a diesel with air suspension, sports seats etc.  diesel is ok in base trim but option it up and it declines in value relative to GTS and turbo which come loaded.

With a rumoured list price of $109K + ORC, it seems like a top package! Keen to hear what you move on :) 

The extra standard specification comes with a price rise for MY17 models:

• Macan S Diesel $88,000 (MY 2016), Macan S Diesel $91,900 (MY 2017)
  • Macan S $89,300 (MY 2016), Macan S $93,100 (MY 2017)
  • Macan GTS (new model) (MY 2016), Macan GTS $109,500 (MY 2017)
  • Macan Turbo $125,800 (MY 2016), Macan Turbo $130,300 (MY 2017)

I'm positive that will be about $125k on the road then... That's a good deal right there! 

Gets all the fruit that you'd normally option! Air suspension, 20" RS Spyders, PSE, Sport Chrono?,  GTS specific 8 way seats in alcantara, alum trim, Pano roof, PCM 4.0, blacked out PDLS, rear lamps & Window trims etc etc! 

I read it has upgraded brakes too? 

Diesel with spec I want is $117k before negotiation.  Stock GTS $127k.  But when you consider all the spec in a stock GTS and add that to the Diesel, this is how it looks.  So I'm considering silver GTS, black side blades and black 21" sport classic rims.

Silver version of this (I can't quite come at the red)

http://www.porsche.com/australia/models/macan/macan-gts/personalisation/exclusive-macan/

DieselGTS
MY17 list price $                                                            91,900  $                                                         109,500
3 zone AC included  included 
Lane departure warning included  included 
DAB radio included  included 
PCM 4 included  included 
Metallic paint $                                                              1,900  $                                                              1,900
Entry & Drive $                                                              1,690  $                                                              1,690
Black gloss window trims $                                                                  450  included 
RS Spyder alloys $                                                              2,710  included 
Air suspension PASM $                                                              3,490  included 
Sports seats $                                                                  790  included 
Floor mats included  included 
Boot liner included  included 
On road costs approx $                                                            13,750  $                                                            14,000
Sub total $                                                         116,680  $                                                         127,090
Items included in GTS spec  
PDLS in black $                                                              2,470  included 
Sport Design body kit with side skirts $                                                              6,990  included 
Sport chrono $                                                              2,690  included 
Sports exhaust $                                                              5,390  included 
Alcantara headlining $                                                              3,190  included 
Brushed aluminium interior $                                                              1,090  included 
brush aluminium sill guards $                                                                  990  included 
brake upgrade ??  included 
Tinted LED tail lights $                                                              1,060  included 
PTV Plus $                                                              3,590  included 
Leather package $                                                              3,720  included 
Total $                                                         147,860  $                                                         127,090

Dark blue discontinued? bugger ! Where can I find out about the new years colour range?

I reckon a nice colour and those RS spyder on the diesel would do me nicely, no need for the extra kit, but that's personal.:)

Yeah I reckon base diesel or pre packaged higher model is the go.  Spec up a diesel and it gets ugly.

when reading about GTS one of the articles mentioned dark blue was discontinued.  New night blue might fill the void

See here

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/ordering-features-questions/87017-2017-macan-details.html#/forumsite/20581/topics/87017?page=1

Yeah I reckon base diesel or pre packaged higher model is the go.  Spec up a diesel and it gets ugly.

when reading about GTS one of the articles mentioned dark blue was discontinued.  New night blue might fill the void

See here

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/ordering-features-questions/87017-2017-macan-details.html#/forumsite/20581/topics/87017?page=1

I agree with this logic ^^ 

much to the dealers dismay, it makes better sense to buy low option/higher grade.

i really dig the GTS! It would be bad ass in silver to match the GT2! 

GTS is now on the AU driveway price calculator... still not loaded in the configurator though.  

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-02%20at%2011.27.

But you can download the brochure now ->        Macan GTS - Catalogue (PDF; 6.2 MB)      

Extracted from that is the standard equipment! 

Highlights of the standard specification.

 Bi-Xenon main headlights in black

including Porsche Dynamic Light

System (PDLS) - $2470.00

 SportDesign package - $6990.00

 Sideblades in matt black with ‘GTS’ logo - No option for S but $1350 to paint blades on S

 20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels

in satin black - $2710.00 

 Sports exhaust system

including sports tailpipes in black  - $5390.00

 Sports suspension including 15-mm

lower position and Porsche Active

Suspension Management (PASM) - $3490.00

 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - $0.00

 P orsche Communication Management

(PCM) - $0.00 (standard for 16 build cars)

 GTS Sports seats

(eight-way electric adjustment

for driver and front passenger) - No option for S but 18 ways are $799.00

 Lane Departure Warning - $1390.00

 GTS leather package with Alcantara

seat centres, armrests, centre console

and door armrests - No option for S

Others: 

 Side window trims in Black (high-gloss) - $450.00

 Upgrade brakes (from Turbo?) - No option for S

 Engine power up to 265 kw - No option for S

In short  I cannot see how the GTS doesn't make sense! 

Archived