Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Thanks. PM me some of your work. I would love to see it. As I said in the video that was my full time gig for 13 years, and although before I did it for a job I used to do heaps of artwork for myself, since I have retired from it that is the first time I have done anything. Now I am funneling my creative juices into my car ;).

Edited by MFX

• 2 weeks later...

Another great job Jeff. You're like my new favourite TV show, waiting anxiously for the next episode. Hope there isn't a big break between seasons without any progress, I like a series where the story line starts and finishes in the one season like True Detective or Fargo. 

Keep them coming. 

Another great job Jeff. You're like my new favourite TV show, waiting anxiously for the next episode. Hope there isn't a big break between seasons without any progress, I like a series where the story line starts and finishes in the one season like True Detective or Fargo. 

Keep them coming. 

Haha, I love that. Well I have no plans on slowing down the progress (or videos ;) ).

I received a couple of big boxes from Mike Tankard yesterday, so I will be starting to film the next "episode" soon :D

FECBD7FE-A4D1-4519-BC67-B52B3115DFF8_zps

Edited by MFX

Ok, after a wait for the lift table and then having issues downloading from the Gopro, I have the engine out.

https://youtu.be/Q_S9YdCO0_g

Nice work, Jeff.   It looks so much easier using the table instead of a jack.   One thing, as you start to lift he car off the engine, once the weight is off the mounts pull the engine rearward to bring the shift linkage shaft clear of the opening in the body. It looks like you got hung up there and it dropped suddenly when gravity took over.  Hopefully the shaft didn't get bent. 

btw nice TD.  It looks the goods in black. 

Nice work, Jeff.   It looks so much easier using the table instead of a jack.   One thing, as you start to lift he car off the engine, once the weight is off the mounts pull the engine rearward to bring the shift linkage shaft clear of the opening in the body. It looks like you got hung up there and it dropped suddenly when gravity took over.  Hopefully the shaft didn't get bent. 

btw nice TD.  It looks the goods in black. 

Actually I edited out a bit, as I went up and down a few times. The drop is just an editing quirk ;). I hope I haven't bent the shaft (I don't think so).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, it has been a few weeks since my last video update, but now that the Christmas and New Years craziness is out of the way it is full steam ahead.

I have had a few days up my sleeve this week with all the rain that we have had, so I spent it productively ;)

https://youtu.be/5BE-VJ0S2HU

Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been busy learning some more new skills. I was forced into it when I started stripping down the doors, which I thought were not too bad, and found a heap of rust. I have subsequently learnt how to cut out and treat rusted areas, and make weld in rust repair patches. I think it went pretty well. I am definitely not at the file finish level, but the finished product I think is not too bad and should only need a minimal amount of body filler to finish it off nicely for paint. 

Here is the latest video of my journey.

Edited by MFX