Home built Hot Rod

MFX

On 10/09/2020 at 19:43, MFX said:

Unfortunately I filmed this yesterday, and today it sh!t the bed and dumped the entire contents of the gearbox oil on my driveway 😡

Harry just wanted to stay in the limelight a bit longer.  That little upstart Alfarrari thought it could now own your Youtube channel and be the number 1 kid on the block, well Harry had something to say about that.

20 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Where is the washer and the c clip? Did they come out with the oil seal?

Yeah. They were still sitting just behind the seal, so at least I don't have to worry about them flying around in the gearbox.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Your level of motivation, patience and enthusiasm is unsurpassed Jeff.

I have trouble just thinking about doing any work on the car! 

It does make it easier having a hoist, all of the tools and also the fact that I made a lot of the engine quick disconnect ;)

Nothing like a Porsche to make you take "the long way home", I think most of us have implemented that mindset.

Nice video of the drive, I could see the grin/reward as you zoomed the camera in on your noggin and gave it some beans ;)

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

Nothing like a Porsche to make you take "the long way home", I think most of us have implemented that mindset.

Nice video of the drive, I could see the grin/reward as you zoomed the camera in on your noggin and gave it some beans ;)

That of course had nothing to do with me cropping the speedo out of the frame 😂

Fix your clock easily by replacing the 2 old/faulty capacitors. I have done two 911 clocks over the years, and its an easy soldering job _ both still work 100% !!!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/913721-vdo-clock-repair-incl-pictures.html

Love  seeing  your A/C 911 driven fast.

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Fix your clock easily by replacing the 2 old/faulty capacitors. I have done two 911 clocks over the years, and its an easy soldering job _ both still work 100% !!!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/913721-vdo-clock-repair-incl-pictures.html

Love  seeing  your A/C 911 driven fast.

Fantastic. Just ordered the capacitors and I will give it a go. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...