Home built Hot Rod

MFX

That would work well, but I don't have an Oxy Acetylene to heat it up enough. I have now ordered the correct die, from the US so I will try again when that comes. Then I should be able to do it cold, without sand ;).

Well done for having a go and thanks for sharing your pain.  Does the new die have the straight back half which supports the tube, helping it to keep it's shape?

Well done for having a go and thanks for sharing your pain.  Does the new die have the straight back half which supports the tube, helping it to keep it's shape?

https://www.affordablebender.com/collections/affordable-benders-tube-notchers/products/additional-bending-die

That is the die I have ordered.

You're a friggin machine!

Not seen a car come together this quick for a while. Love ya work....and the video still pic :-)

Haha. I am a Firie, so I get a good amount of time to work on the car. I thought I would put a bit more effort into the channel and vids too. I want to try to get out a vid a week, it is just hard to keep it interesting. The last thing people want to see is hours on end of me sanding....

Jeff.

NIce job Jeff, looks like it will be a very satisfying job.  I wish I had the time & skills to do the same.  I have a few mates that are Firies & am always envious of the time they get for projects.  I made the great mistake of joining the Police instead of the QFRS.  Our rosters absolutely suck balls in comparison.  Oh well- lessons learned.  Keep up the great vids, cheers, Jason.

NIce job Jeff, looks like it will be a very satisfying job.  I wish I had the time & skills to do the same.  I have a few mates that are Firies & am always envious of the time they get for projects.  I made the great mistake of joining the Police instead of the QFRS.  Our rosters absolutely suck balls in comparison.  Oh well- lessons learned.  Keep up the great vids, cheers, Jason.

Have you thought of changing services ?

Yeah, I talk to a lot of cops and they get screwed over with their shifts. My roster is set and I can tell you what my shifts are in 2 years time. It is even better now for us as we are now doing 24hr shifts. 

It is never too late to change services, although I am sure you would take a pay cut.

Yeah, I talk to a lot of cops and they get screwed over with their shifts. My roster is set and I can tell you what my shifts are in 2 years time. It is even better now for us as we are now doing 24hr shifts. 

It is never too late to change services, although I am sure you would take a pay cut.

I have thought about changing many times. you're conditions are sublime compared to ours plus everyone loves the Firies- the Coppers- not so much.  I suppose after 20 years you just get set to it.  I had grand plans of retiring when I was 50 as I have been working my ring off for years buying properties hoping to set up a bit of a passive income & then BAM at 45 my wife tells me she's pregnant & i'm now the proud father of my first child- little Tom.  I'm gonna be working till i'm 70 (or probably 75).  He also put the kybosh on me casually buying something air cooled also.  Now i'm looking at the bottom end 996's, a high k's Cayman or a Boxster.  I suppose these are first world problems..........

Income vs Job Satisfaction  ……..take the Job Satisfaction, the rest will follow

Too true....spoken like a contented worker.

Here are some pics for those who can't watch videos at work.

4CF84C6E-2E38-4DBA-A3F6-4D21355F4208_zps

14011273-F7FA-4A86-B5AB-091FB6DC4C7F_zps

BC350DD6-4C35-422D-88C4-80ADE66588BF_zps

Panel gaps are looking good. Almost ready for paint.

I am also looking for an engine for this build. I have a 2.7 that needs rebuilding, but something a bit more interesting would be good below 3.4 litres. If anyone has anything squirrelled away for a rainy day let me know.

Jeff.

mate you should have shelled out for the  yellow 914/6 scca race car that sold last week for 27k - you could have kept the engine (twin plug 3.4)  I would have taken the slops on the gearbox and other gear.  :)

though would be a shame to bust up a car like that

your build and progress as always a depressing thing to watch….

mate you should have shelled out for the  yellow 914/6 scca race car that sold last week for 27k - you could have kept the engine (twin plug 3.4)  I would have taken the slops on the gearbox and other gear.  :)

though would be a shame to bust up a car like that

your build and progress as always a depressing thing to watch….

If I had known about it I would have been interested. I could have rebuilt my 2.7 and swapped engines. ?

Jeff

Slightly off-topic, but I noticed your use of air tools and was wondering what compressor you are using.  Going to replace my Black Ridge cheapie soon and want something with a bit of grunt...