996 Turbo - Perhaps a cheaper solution for rear Spoiler fix

smit2100

Just kicking some virtual tyres per say in terms of doing a bit more on line  homework on the 996 turbo as I eagerly await for some elusive 996 turbo manuals to appear from some garages and come on to the market.

Came across this thread for those who may not have already seen it in terms of a possible cheaper alternative solution for fixing the 996 turbo rear spoiler

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/860553-beta-testers-needed-for-electric-spoiler-rams.html

For those who aren't interested in the 11 page thread attachment referenced above, this is the probably the elevator speech (section of the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc1148 View Post
I wont bore you with the many examples of originality over function and the way many individual enthusiasts and groups are endeared to them as I know you have that knowledge. I was asking as I do not believe in destroying mounting points etc or doing cosmetic damage to a car unless absolutely necessary. I give you a lot of credit for bringing this to market and after I see how it pans out will definitely consider it. As I've said many times all Turbos eventually become desired and considering the way these cars are abused like non other it will be rare to see a clean stock car in 10 years.

I hear you.

On this upgrade, simply unbolt the old 3 piece set, bolt in the new 2 piece kit. That simple. Here are some fun pictures: http://rennlist.com/g/album/4000820

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 02/03/2017 at 09:56, Kabooby said:

Reviving an old thread.

Searched and couldn't find anything on these kits. Has anyone in Aus used them as a solution. I have one side of my rear wing not working properly and looking for a long term fix.

Re-reviving this thread.

Have a leak in one of my hydraulic mtors raising the spoiler. 

Has anyone in aus used the rennkits eram kit as a solution? 

Autoart in Vic sell them.

Any  help will be appreciated.

11 hours ago, Nu2Pcars said:

Re-reviving this thread.

Have a leak in one of my hydraulic mtors raising the spoiler. 

Has anyone in aus used the rennkits eram kit as a solution? 

Autoart in Vic sell them.

Any  help will be appreciated.

Also Ring Kevin at umw ( ultimate motorworks)  in the US.   he has a repair hit and at the same time  if not tuned, enquire about his tuning.

35 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Also Ring Kevin at umw ( ultimate motorworks)  in the US.   he has a repair hit and at the same time  if not tuned, enquire about his tuning.

Is this the one in Longwood Florida? 

They seem to deal more with Lambo n Ferrari.

Archived