My Stacker

turboT

Been building a house for about 9 months now. I don't recommend it, but we are getting close to moving in hopefully for x-mas. A few months back we made some changes to the plans to get a granny flat (to keep the distance from visiting parents) above the garage and thought we would add some 'storage' underneath. Been renting random garages around the neighbourhood for a year now. Finally it looks like I might find somewhere to put the collection :) 

most expensive hole I've ever owned...

B6C84F48-040C-4B4B-BA9A-AABF2BBD4485_zps

B7E169FD-1F55-4749-BD39-F9FDBA1B19A8_zps

B8AD2619-8DD8-49A0-B4AE-4FC15B8A584C_zps

Before you ask the 'orange' on the building is made from UK barn find wide body rear quarter panels, hammered flat.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks cool!  Keen to see how it progresses :) 

It's always a challenge finding enough space and when you find it inevitably you end up filling it!  We're currently doing the same thing and finishing our house build at the moment with the main garage/bike/hobby space to follow which is currently going through council. 

Looks cool!  Keen to see how it progresses :) 

It's always a challenge finding enough space and when you find it inevitably you end up filling it!  We're currently doing the same thing and finishing our house build at the moment with the main garage/bike/hobby space to follow which is currently going through council. 

Will post more picks as we develop. Yet to get a program from the builder but stacker is on order from Germany, so they better get a wriggle on! Councils hey - hope you don't live in Woollahara - complete pain in the arse

tom what youve done with rear quarter panels !!!!!!!! i love it

that white 76 930 ive found would look great flattened out beside it   

what a feature

you don't strike me a a white car kind of guy hughesy. What I am building above would be a perfect place to house such a vehicle. When can you drop the keys off?

Have a 3 level stacker in my apartment, so the shaft goes down about 4 mtrs as each parking bay is about 2 mtrs high. Need the same above floor level so you can get the car on the bottom level out too so total requirement is about 8 mtrs for a 3 car stacker.

And make sure you have a drainage pit and automatic pump to pump out unexpected water from storms etc....just in case!  

dccee50c64ef59ff8893539282295476.jpg

don't you just love those street applications!. The stacker I am installing is actually very similar, but will have a polished concrete floor and a garage roof over the top so as we can park ontop asell

stacker_zpsu8ghnrwu.jpg

wow making the most of the space available to you, that's for sure. don't envy the task at all!!

yeah...building in Paddington has a number of engineering issues to it, aswell as costs...

Have a 3 level stacker in my apartment, so the shaft goes down about 4 mtrs as each parking bay is about 2 mtrs high. Need the same above floor level so you can get the car on the bottom level out too so total requirement is about 8 mtrs for a 3 car stacker.

And make sure you have a drainage pit and automatic pump to pump out unexpected water from storms etc....just in case!  

I think we go down 2.5m and then have about 2.2m at the garge level. Very tight because we have very strict ht planning restrictions. And yes - pump and drainage and waterproofing - no point turning my ozzie cars into UK cars ;) 

As a Recovering Arborist, i'm intrigued by the tree....

I appreciate the attempt to retain it, but how you got approval to build that close around it I don't know.

Did you get/have to get an Arborist Report?  If so, what did they advise?

I'd be really surprised if it's still alive in 5 years, if it hasn't fallen over.

And to remove it down the track after the build is going to be a hell of a job!

Regardless, it's going to be one awesome garage!

And we're here to talk about Porsches - not trees!

I appreciate the attempt to retain it, but how you got approval to build that close around it I don't know.

I'd be really surprised if it's still alive in 5 years, if it hasn't fallen over.

If it involved any aborist I know the TPZ would deem the site un-developable! I'm fighting to remove a cypress pine (weed) on an 11 acre property at the moment...........trees are a very sensitive issue indeed. 

Nice Porsche hole though, the joys of construction! 

arborist very much involved. Non compacted surface around root zone and cantilevered rear slab. 

Don't talk to me about trees. I'm trying to get a planning permit at the moment to complete a sewer project I started 3 years ago, in Belgrave & Selby in the Yarra Ranges. We're doing the project for environmental benefit to remove the septic tanks that currently leak effluent into the streets, but now need to remove 50 trees to complete it. I'm now very well versed in the ways of tree preservation, tree protection zones and structural root zones.....

And don't ask me how much I've spent to date on arborists and tree felling, or how much the offset and felling of 50 trees is about to cost (about to cost the taxpayer actually)

arborist very much involved. Non compacted surface around root zone and cantilevered rear slab. 

tT, did you desire to retain the tree, or had to thanks to council and had to figure out how to work with it?  Just curious!

I know where most Vic councils stand, but no experience in Sydney...

If it involved any aborist I know the TPZ would deem the site un-developable! I'm fighting to remove a cypress pine (weed) on an 11 acre property at the moment...........trees are a very sensitive issue indeed. 

Nice Porsche hole though, the joys of construction! 

Retired from consulting/reporting but happy to have a look at the case and see if I can see an angle for you.  

tT, did you desire to retain the tree, or had to thanks to council and had to figure out how to work with it?  Just curious!

I know where most Vic councils stand, but no experience in Sydney...

I have grown to love the trees, but they have been a complete pain. Council would not let us take them despite the fact that they are not suitable for a backyard. We even have the neighbours tree leaning over our house which is why the house has been designed with a cut out on the left. Someone got their measurements wrong and this has ended up being 150mm from the roof edge. We may apply to get this chopped down on the grounds of safety, but want to get the house finished first.

nice view from the loungeroom though :) (behind the rusty facade)

image4_zpseqvydyhd.jpeg

Archived