My Stacker

turboT

Nice that looks like a fantastic setup with some great whips!  :) can you give any more information on it?  Whats the minimum ceiling height?  

I'm building a separate garage/workshop at home and would like to stack some cars so pretty interested in what you've found that works.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice that looks like a fantastic setup with some great whips!  :) can you give any more information on it?  Whats the minimum ceiling height?  

I'm building a separate garage/workshop at home and would like to stack some cars so pretty interested in what you've found that works.

these are the guys we ended up using

http://www.carparkingsolutions.com.au/en/

they can do a number of options but I wanted a polished concrete floor to the garage so of course I ended up with the most expensive option ?. If you already have the ht in your garage and don't mind a bit of an industrial look they can actually be quite cheap, but we had council restrictions on ht etc. etc. 

From memory we have 2.2m ht on the top floor and 2.5m to the basement

on order from Germany - will post more when we start up again next year 

just saw this thread...MOAR pics of ensuite?? Looks fantastic mate! We have been undergoing a complete cosmetic rennovation inside and out on our home for the past 6 months, but certainly no holes as big as that. Xmas was our target date too but it never quite works out that way!

yeah - bit shitty with the builder about missing x-mas but what can you do ?. House was nearly finished - just missing the kitchen

these are the guys we ended up using

http://www.carparkingsolutions.com.au/en/

they can do a number of options but I wanted a polished concrete floor to the garage so of course I ended up with the most expensive option ?. If you already have the ht in your garage and don't mind a bit of an industrial look they can actually be quite cheap, but we had council restrictions on ht etc. etc. 

From memory we have 2.2m ht on the top floor and 2.5m to the basement

on order from Germany - will post more when we start up again next year 

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

I was wondering about f40-r's and where he got his as its got the solution I'd like (2 cars stacked next to each other).  We're building a secondary 6 car garage at our place with about 4-4.5m ceiling height and this would allow for some additional storage- my initial thinking thus far has been to put a hoist in but a side by side stacker might be better.

Look forward to seeing the build progress in the NY.  I've had polished concrete at our last house in the garage, its great but very slippery when its wet, we've gone for porcelain tiles this time round and they're a better solution our needs (less likely to scratch than concrete). 

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

I was wondering about f40-r's and where he got his as its got the solution I'd like (2 cars stacked next to each other).  We're building a secondary 6 car garage at our place with about 4-4.5m ceiling height and this would allow for some additional storage- my initial thinking thus far has been to put a hoist in but a side by side stacker might be better.

Look forward to seeing the build progress in the NY.  I've had polished concrete at our last house in the garage, its great but very slippery when its wet, we've gone for porcelain tiles this time round and they're a better solution our needs (less likely to scratch than concrete). 

f40's looks like he has more issues than slippery concrete...like 'what super car shall I drive today :) '

check out the link I sent. They can build you whatever you want, just about how much you want to spend but it doesn't sound like you have the space issue I do ;) 

just saw this thread...MOAR pics of ensuite?? Looks fantastic mate! We have been undergoing a complete cosmetic rennovation inside and out on our home for the past 6 months, but certainly no holes as big as that. Xmas was our target date too but it never quite works out that way!

couple more pics - can't wait to move in

14_zpsmnxw7mgv.jpg

01_zpsbtuzktty.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No offence here Tom, and I know nothing about what is involved with this kind of work, but it seems to be taking a bit too long in my opinion

yes it bloody is!. Biggest issue is the lack of access. Stone is so hard but they only have a teeny tiny digger to get it out. We should have a clear hole by the end of the week, then the Muppet show are going to get together on site to figure out how to water proof it all. Not quite at the point where I wish i hadn't started it....but close

Stone is so hard but they only have a teeny tiny digger to get it out

Dynamite shape charges could be your friend! ;-) 

I would've chucked the towel in ages ago if it was me. Hope its sorted sooner than later

yes it bloody is!. Biggest issue is the lack of access. Stone is so hard but they only have a teeny tiny digger to get it out. We should have a clear hole by the end of the week, then the Muppet show are going to get together on site to figure out how to water proof it all. Not quite at the point where I wish i hadn't started it....but close

let me know if you do get stuck, we know people. excavation experienced consultants and builders I mean, not hole fillers...

I did a similar terrace reno in surry hills - complete with massive liquid amber in the backyard. Totally inappropriate species, pest etc etc still couldn't touch it.  

And don't even get me started on the council heritage idiots...

Good luck with the rest of the build. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived