dutchmans take on P-car

turboT

It's for sale...

do you think I'd be posting on this forum if I knew this was for sale TIT? :)

Emailed him over the weekend and he sold it a while back apparently - bummer - but hopefully he comes through with the specs and we learn what went into building it.

do you think I'd be posting on this forum if I knew this was for sale TIT? :)

Emailed him over the weekend and he sold it a while back apparently - bummer - but hopefully he comes through with the specs and we learn what went into building it.

giphy.gif

• 8 months later...

Peter has sent me some pics of his recently completed car, I've also been seeing a few pics floating around on instagram. I tend to be pretty critical of 'backdates' as I find more often than not they miss the mark for me but this is just too good not to share. I'm really liking the colour but my favourite part are the over-riders on the front bumper - mmmwah! 

image1_zpsd1r7bcxj.jpg

image2_zpst5aq6pta.jpg

image3_zpswnienqjg.jpg

image5_zpsgwstjmag.jpg

image6_zpsddwpgicn.jpg

image4_zpsaovjj6on.jpg

From memory Peter started a thread but I'm having difficulty finding it...............thought I'd at least post them here in the meantime. 

Thanks Hugh, one day I will get my photo upload sorted. Not exactly a backdate, she is a 1969 factory RHD given the Dutchmann treatment. The highlight being the 2.7mfi and the 15in Fuchs. Cheers Peter. 

Apologies, for some reason I though it was a later model bodied car. It looks perfectly on point, 2.7 mfi is just the cherry on top! Again, STUNNING! 

This car is PERFECT.

image2_zpst5aq6pta.jpg

This car is really what I had in mind when posting this thread -> http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9285-ultimate-901-build/

Absolutely in love with what you have done, I would sell kidney for it. No boy racer stripes or tacky outlaw bullshit! A real tidy, sympathetic to the period car with all the good hardware, oh 2.7 MFI too :D 

Congrats, you have built the ultimate 901 in my books. :) 

Are we confusing two 'dutchmen'?

One is a company in South Africa, with those horrid  cup 1 wheels. (The One you posted @hugh):

grey-one-1971-Porsche-911.jpg

The other is an actual Dutchman photographer in Europe (the one Turbo Tommy posted at the start of this thread):

dutchman+&+i+-rotterdam+2013.JPG

thanks edgy, seems you and I have similar taste? Classic on the outside and racer on the inside. There is only a hint of the performance from looking at the car. 

my first drive of a 2.7mfi last weekend and quite a thrill.

oz arrival a whole other matter. 

That looks perfect in grey, you must be stoked. Would love to lay my eyes on that in the flesh when it arrives :D

Archived