Its on the Water !

Chris-p

Hi Everyone,

Just got the call with confirmation and the VIN number that my GT4 is on a boat along with Roders another PFA'er that has been waiting and waiting too.The boat departed Germany earlier today. Its due to arrive in Melbourne Jan 1 or 2 after a bit of a world tour to Belgium, UK, Spain and South Africa before getting here.

The excitement is indescribable! :D:D:D

Here is a reminder of what it will look like :)

263299a457336c435f7f931bb44289e6_zpssdgr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news! 

before you know it, you'll be able to stop tracking the ship and start tracking the car! :D 

Yes I think I will be a ship stalker for the next 38 days or so. Might have to go and buy an Advent calendar to mark off each day and have a chocolate to celebrate. Wonder if I can get a beer advent calendar? :lol: 

Probably driving slowly to run it in. Nothing over 4500 rpm which in top gear will be about 160kph I'm guessing.:lol:

Yep run in period will be a bit painful. I read on RL that AP the father of the GT cars says you should start at 4000rpm and increase the limit by 500rpm every 500km... Doubt I will ever get it in 6th gear :rolleyes:

Aren't they all run to full power on the dyno before they leave the factory anyway?

Wonder if it's the same ship that stops here on the 20th

They are but the factory still has a recommendation on a run in period and this was also spoken about by AP at Rennsport apparently. I will do as he suggests as much as I can stand it anyway :)

Boat will come from the West. First landfall is Fremantle so Roders gets his car 5 days earlier than me. Then Melbourne and onto Sydney as last port of call....

Great news Chris,

Had a look at JR's car at Classic Adelaide. Asked if I could drive, he said No - but opened it up for me to video - 142.0 km on the clock so he was just running it in on the Tour.

That is great news Chris, happy boat stalking for the next 6 weeks

You're gonna have to drive the sucker a "ship load" before Canberra young man

How many sleeps Niko?

Thanks Ian, yes the shipping line might take out a restraining order if I am not careful!

Already planning some run in drives but it's a busy time work wise too and will probably be OS for at least 4 weeks between taking delivery and Canberra....

Thanks Ian, yes the shipping line might take out a restraining order if I am not careful!

Already planning some run in drives but it's a busy time work wise too and will probably be OS for at least 4 weeks between taking delivery and Canberra....

Gee if only you knew some people that would help you out by driving your shiny new GT4 again and again and again...

Don't know where you find them.... :wub:

Let's hope the captain and crew don't get too loaded on NYE........

Hey Chris I just did some research on that ship and it turns out this guy is the new captain!

Francesco Schettino, the captain of the Costa Concordia cruise ship, which ran aground off ItalyFrancesco-Schettino-the-captain-of-the-C

Now Chris definitely wont be able to sleep:(

Only joshin!

Archived