Its on the Water !

Chris-p

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been following progress Chris. Exciting news.  Looking forward to the rundown and thoughts when you get it.

Thanks very much I feel like I used to when I was a kid in the lead up to Christmas. The boat is making its way along the west coast of Vic now and due Into port tomorrow so getting very close now.

will give a full report on my thoughts for sure :D

Thanks very much I feel like I used to when I was a kid in the lead up to Christmas. The boat is making its way along the west coast of Vic now and due Into port tomorrow so getting very close now.

will give a full report on my thoughts for sure :D

are you pulling a sickie to watch it give berth to your baby ? 

Hi Mike, it's pencilled in for Friday the 15th at this stage. They wanted the 16th but we have our  daughter home that day so she comes before the car. So it may well be Monday the 18th if there is a delay for whatever reason. Then it's going in to have protective film on the front half of the car...

certainly going to be a mega SMT. A few of us got together yesterday to have a chat about it actually....:D 

Nah, they cannot do burn outs or anything like that as they have a predelivery ecu fitted which only allows they car to be driven at 15kmh. 

More worried about thunder storms forecast for tomorrow. Better not be any hail :o

Mine's not too far behind either Chris.

Ship has left Freo and is somewhere crossing The Bite now. Due in dock on Thursday so in theory I should also be getting mine sometime around the 18-20th as well. I'll pop down to PCB later in the week and see if they have a better idea on a pick-up date but it looks like I should definitely be right for the SMT.

B)

This is exciting to follow, geez they're a magnificent looking beast, more real 911 than a 911! (sorry).... Hope all goes well for you new owners. Please excuse my ignorance guys but what is SMT?

Thanks Sandy, yes a very exciting time. SMT = Sunday Morning Targa: Its when a few of us get together, go for a drive and then have a coffee afterwards and a bit of a catch up.

Damn, I've got a friend with his Spyder on the Tysla, so this means the cars aren't off yet? 

They're off but there has been a few days delay. Cars which were due to be taken delivery of this weekend will now be towards the end of next week. 

Hurry up or did someone say that in their sleep ;)    Congrats 

Thanks Steve, I have been saying that for 40 days :D. We are currently steaming up the bay at the moment and should be tying up in the next couple of hours. Then it's hurry up and wait again for PCA to do their thing then PCM to do their thing.....

Thanks Steve, I have been saying that for 40 days :D. We are currently steaming up the bay at the moment and should be tying up in the next couple of hours. Then it's hurry up and wait again for PCA to do their thing then PCM to do their thing.....

As we drove back from Red Hill earlier on, we could see the car transporter sailing past Safety Beach so it should be tied up by now.

Yes it's there now Mike and I am watching it via webcam courtesy of the port authority. Amazing technology, can zoom in and currently it's sister ship is being loaded ready to depart during the early morning. So 10 months after I placed the order it's really here. Won't sleep tonight :D

Archived