Its on the Water !

Chris-p

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only say  WOO HOO to this thread!

Oh and damn your PFA rules, I'm coming on the SMT to celebrate this wonderful occasion!   :P

I drive past Appleton Dock Road twice a day (where TORRENS is docked now) and often see some nice candy on the back of trucks leaving the docks (new Mustangs most recently) how amazing would it be if i saw Chris GT4 on one!  I  better make sure i have my phone camera ready just in case!  Stranger things have happened :)

Too slow A, I watched them remove all the cars unloaded yesterday morning by Webcam. Technology is amazing. It's now tucked up safe and sound at PCA's bond storage area going through it PDI.

All going well Friday of next week I will finally get it. The excitement level is overwhelming :D

Too slow A, I watched them remove all the cars unloaded yesterday morning by Webcam. Technology is amazing. It's now tucked up safe and sound at PCA's bond storage area going through it PDI.

All going well Friday of next week I will finally get it. The excitement level is overwhelming :D

Oh goody!  You'll have to send me that link so I can use it late March ;)   So sounds like Porsches get moved very quickly to safe storage?  I wonder what happens with MINIs then ;)

So you saw it come off the boat then!  Oh my can't even imagine how that must have been :)

No didn't see it actually come off but I could see all the cars lined up from a distance and a white GT4 in picture then saw trucks move them all off the dock by mid morning. Was happy to know it was safely indoors in case there was any storms around :) 

Oh goody!  You'll have to send me that link so I can use it late March ;)   So sounds like Porsches get moved very quickly to safe storage?  I wonder what happens with MINIs then ;)

So you saw it come off the boat then!  Oh my can't even imagine how that must have been :)

I think minis are a similar experience, but they are more likely to sit on the docks in the open for a day or two. I remember doing this same thing for my first one 11 years ago (woah!).

Haha -  we are taking stalking to a new level. A mate of mine (also a 991 GT3 owner) is actually the port pilot of my ship as it comes into the bay this morning. This was taken of it cruising past Carrum about 10mins ago. 

1915781_10154482580022564_18814171530274

So the wait continues for us GT4  and RS waiters at the moment. It seems that the 3 boats that arrived in Australia last week had some vehicles that had dirt and leaves on them and so AQIS quarantined all the cars until a solution could be worked out. The solution is that all the vehicles have to be washed and reinspected before clearance. In Melbourne currently there is only one wash bay that can be used for this and so its a very slow process. Its not PCA's fault, its just one of those things and  we just have to wait until each car is re cleaned and then cleared. Right at the moment no-one can say when our cars will be delivered. It will not be this week and may not even be next week so there is a chance no car for SMT on the 24th but hopefully it wont be that long..... 

So the wait continues for us GT4  and RS waiters at the moment. It seems that the 3 boats that arrived in Australia last week had some vehicles that had dirt and leaves on them and so AQIS quarantined all the cars until a solution could be worked out. The solution is that all the vehicles have to be washed and reinspected before clearance. In Melbourne currently there is only one wash bay that can be used for this and so its a very slow process. Its not PCA's fault, its just one of those things and  we just have to wait until each car is re cleaned and then cleared. Right at the moment no-one can say when our cars will be delivered. It will not be this week and may not even be next week so there is a chance no car for SMT on the 24th but hopefully it wont be that long..... 

Dad picked his up last week from PCM! He is in love with his new toy. :lol:

I'll bring mine over for him ;)

They are having GT4 babies over here in WA......

Last year we had a Red and a Yellow one........this month they have just delivered a pair of twins 2x Sapphire Blue & 2x White :).

GT4's all around.

GT4 Mission Small.JPG

Looks great Rod. Mine was due to be delivered to the dealer this morning but Patricks have gone on strike so no deliveries today. They are on strike today from 6am until 6am tomorrow and then from 10am tomorrow until 2pm so maybe Wednesday but who knows.....

Looks great Rod. Mine was due to be delivered to the dealer this morning but Patricks have gone on strike so no deliveries today. They are on strike today from 6am until 6am tomorrow and then from 10am tomorrow until 2pm so maybe Wednesday but who knows.....

I really feel sorry for you Chris. You're having the worst luck. I hope the wait only makes the ownership more amazing.

I guess that old proverb of "good things come to those who wait" is very relevant at the moment.

what are they sooking about this time?  Toilet paper too coarse for the union's liking?  

bring back peter Reith and the dobermans and keep the economy moving.

Archived