Vapour Blasting - Brisbane

I just used a service here in Brisbane called Vapour Blast Brisbane; located in Rocklea. P

http://www.vapourblastingbrisbane.com.au/

I used them to do the fan and shroud in an old car that had a lot of shitty paint and god knows what on it.

First photos are of the original item, second lot after paint stripper.. final shots after vapour blasting. Finish isn't perfect, but that's because of all the age and pitting on the metal.

DSC03111_zpsysnqwwm6.jpg

DSC03110_zps4cioimam.jpg

DSC03119_zps0fje6kqs.jpg

DSC03152_zpsynftqdis.jpg

Great pics Mike and we all love a before and after story? Would mind sharing the approximate costs for this type of work, I do believe the condition of the parts does affect the costs.

Seriously, it's good  to these informative posts on PFA, and appreciate you taking the time to do it. Is this a bit of a teaser for a new project?

hi mate.

I used CITRISTRIP paint stripper from Masters. Works great and doesn't burn a hole through your hand. https://www.masters.com.au/product/100013343/flood-citristrip-paint-and-varnish-stripping-gel-500ml

The vapour blasting doesn't do much with paint so thats why i stripped them first.

He charged me $80 to do the housing, the fan and the pulley... all while I waited. Nice guy and can take credit card on site. He's a smart fella... sensitive to the delicate nature of hard to replace parts. He is into cars, motorcycles etc.. I'd trust him with my parts again for sure. He even let me have a go on the machine!

Check out the before and afters on his website.. very cool finish on quality alloys.

New project? guess that will be the subject of a different sub-forum :)

DSC02874_zpsbtzvo8uv.jpg

Edited by Mike D'Silva

So it was your fan Ben posted on Facebook? I was wondering if I'd knew who it was. His work always looks amazing

He's a man with some interesting automotive tastes and he's regularly at C&C in different cars too

Edited by Russ

• 4 years later...

Try it yourself with a basic set up Mike. I've bought a cheap blaster cabinet from Supercheap a while ago on special for $120 or something, with a view to convert it to vapour blasting when I get around to it. Plenty of 'how to' videos on YouTube to see how it's done, so I imagine it would be easy for a man of your talents

No experience or affiliation with them, but on another forum I peruse (classic mini) there was a recent post about Brisbane Vapour Blasting and RV Electrical, in Logan.

brisbanevapourblasting.com.au

The images and feedback were positive.