CnC GC 3rd Sat of each month

HH1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the late update, very busy time of the year!

Great mix of cars were present at the last event. We had a fantastic 997 Turbo in attendance as well as an assortment of other classic and modern performance cars.

It was nice seeing an L-Plater behind the wheel of the G-Series. He certainly didn't shy away from taking it through the rev range. 

The Corvette in attendance was very interesting to observe up close. The owner, Andrew, was showing me around the car and pointing out some of the features. I was amazed at the sheer level of engineering and thought that has gone into the car, especially considering its price point. It's quite easy to dismiss the Corvette as a simple car with a big motor, which it is, but its impressive that way GM has been able to finesse a pushrod motor with cutting edge tech and construction and make it all reliable and most of all affordable package. The ring times alone are remarkable!

I was also lucky enough to snag a drive in the Delta Integrale after the event. The response and mid range thrust was phenomenal. Considering its roots as a small hatchback from the 70's I was impressed with its poise and eagerness to change direction. It's easy to see how they were so successful on the world rally circuit. 

All in all a very fun morning. 

Hopefully we'll see a few more P-cars at the next event on 16th April 2016.

Andrew

5_zpsdckssief.jpg

image8%201_zpsduulnvby.jpg

3_zpsu3eowkwy.jpg

7_zpssfzqknaz.jpg

6_zpsym1cezlj.jpg

Edited by werdna

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

Been missing for the past few weeks. Those who know me know why. Anyway we're at it again next Saturday. It'll be great to meet the old and the new one again. It's going to be great weather too this part of town. See yez then.

Cheers,

Sohan 

What a beautiful Qld day it was today. Couldn't have asked for better weather. It was trumped by a fantastic turnout of all sorts of cars and a show of strength of Porsche's. We had over the top Caddy's, German muscle, American muscle, British regal and all in between. Visit our Facebook page for pics and look out for your car!  Can't wait for a bigger and better turnout in May.

Cheers,

Sohan 

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone from Brisbane keen for a drive down..?  I'll head down for sure.. 

Macca's Springwood at 7..?  Not that I'd set foot in the place but the car park is close to the freeway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

The next Cars & Coffee Gold Coast will be held on 17th September at 8am at 238, Mudgeeraba Road, Mudgeeraba. It's going to be special because Porsche Center Gold Coast will be showcasing one of their new models there. They have lined up something special too. It's going to be amazing. Let's make it a morning of beautiful Porsche's. 

Cheers, 

Sohan