Porsche in Melbourne

Hi there,

I'm a long time Porsche fan getting married in February.

The closest thing I've ever had to owning one is the model car collection on my shelf...

I'd really love to hire a 911 (older the better) or Boxster for 3 days in February to go out to Castlemaine (February 12th -14th).

I generally use GoGet and pay for cars by the hour, and thought that it would be possible for a dream car too.

I'm a 28 year old professional, not looking to drive hard, or do anything silly - just to drive a dream car on a dream day.

If you're interested in making $600+ over a weekend (and help a fellow Porsche fan out), please get in touch.

I'm happy to work with you to talk over details etc.

Cheers,

Justin

justin.g.watts [at] gmail.com

Hi and Welcome Justin,

I don't hold out too much hope for you on the "old" 911.

With the rise in prices and the value of these cars, I'm not hopeful that anyone would give up their car for 3 days. I won't even let my wife drive mine (and she half owns it) ... I appreciate you are willing to pay for the privelige, but the damage that could be done would far outweigh any financial gain.

I imagine you would have more luck with a car hire company that hires out more modern Porsches and has the insurance in place to cover the unthinkable. I can't imagine that most of us have insurance that would cover just anyone to drive their car.

I wish you well in your search for a car and for your upcoming big day .....

As mentioned above, I don't think anyone would let a stranger drive their classic car for an hour, let alone a few days. I know I wouldn't allow anyone to drive mine for any reward

Also, receiving a payment for 'hire' would probably void any insurance, so I would be contacting Hertz or the various prestige car hire companies around

Besides Hertz your next best bet might be a sports/exotic car rental company such as http://www.porscheloveaffair.com/ (not affiliated, but noticed they had been an advertiser on PFA previously)

I'm pretty sure at one stage last year they had their cars up for sale ..... there was a lot of talk about it on the forum at the time.

Not sure if they sold or not but a phone call by the poster will answer that one.

This is one of the cars featured on the porscheloveaffair website:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/OAG-AD-12088868/?Cr=0

Then they have been for sale for a loooooong time ...... I wonder if the Coupe is still for sale or if it sold.

It must be at least 6 months ago that they were discussed on the forum.