WTB 964 C2 Manual

Troy Smith

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another great read! Thank you. I'm very glad that I joined this forum. You have all been very helpful and I appreciate everyone's opinions. Can anyone shed light on why C2's seem to be priced a lot higher than C4's if they are pretty similar? I have about a 85-90k budget. If anyone hears of a c2 manual coupe for that amount, please send them my way as I'm ready to buy. Thanks guys 

another great read! Thank you. I'm very glad that I joined this forum. You have all been very helpful and I appreciate everyone's opinions. Can anyone shed light on why C2's seem to be priced a lot higher than C4's if they are pretty similar? I have about a 85-90k budget. If anyone hears of a c2 manual coupe for that amount, please send them my way as I'm ready to buy. Thanks guys 

because people keep talking them up...

the only way you will get a c2 for 85-90k is if it is an import. One is online at the moment and another from southafrica recently sold for $90 something. 

Aussi c2 - most would be wanting $120k +

however.....

another reason why you should consider a c4

Can anyone shed light on why C2's seem to be priced a lot higher than C4's if they are pretty similar?

It's because, like you, everybody wants one .... for whatever reasons and stories you have heard, so has everyone else

Then starts the supply and demand thing ..... none for sale but a lot of people waiting for one = high prices .....

Everyone has a different "wish / want" list and the more people that have the same list as you, the higher the prices go.

It took me 2 years to buy my car because I had certain criteria that were non negotiable ..... others can be flexible in what they want and find something in a week.

Can anyone shed light on why C2's seem to be priced a lot higher than C4's if they are pretty similar? 

Quite simply, they are more desirable. There are many reasons for this and I'm not going to buy into a heated C2 vs C4 debate but at the end of the day if you look at the top of the 911 food chain (in terms of desirability, not price) it will be a 2WD car. 911's have always been a 'less is more' approach and to the purists (people that are prepared to pay top dollar) the C2 is the preference and as a result commands a higher premium. 

Now that 964's have become quite desirable it seems less about the C2 vs C4 and just a case of the next preference being a manual coupe. However like a coupe will command a higher premium to a cab, a C2 will always command a higher premium to an equal C4. Best bet is to drive both and see for yourself. 

If that's really the case you probably want an earlier car and suggest an SC or an early C3.2 might have more appeal.

Just depends how you define "raw" I guess.  In my mind that 's unlikely to mean power steering or nearly 1400kgs.

Good luck! 

EDIT: Actually there is a nice C3.0 for sale on PFA which would suit your stated needs perfectly.  You could almost get away with using the word "visceral" with this car without being called a wanker.

I definitely agree to this -> An earlier car (prior to 964) would be more raw and challenging!

Just out of curiosity ..... has anyone told itsujack about this generous offer yet? ...... ;) 

I'm aware now!

hoping he's not reading this one. Swapped the badges on our cars months ago and he still hasn't noticed he's driving my c4 

that explains why I've been understeering through the eastern suburbs lately...

I have about a 85-90k budget. If anyone hears of a c2 manual coupe for that amount, please send them my way as I'm ready to buy. Thanks guys 

If anyone hears one at that price, doubt they'll be sharing it with anyone...

C4 sale update (week one)

3500 views on carsales

40 odd people following

Magnus Walker showing interest

3 serious offers

ppi booked in

not there yet, but deffinately progress in a week (come on Troy ;) )

Oh man your killing me lol! It's super nice 

Oh man your killing me lol! It's super nice 

Time for a small reality check, Mr Smith ......

I would think that probably 90% of forum users have kicked themselves in the ass and then had their wife kick them as well for procrastinating on their purchase of a car.

Story after story has been told about missing out on a car because "I thought about it too long" or "I wanted a silver one" or "It's got the wrong wheels" etc.

Just go back through pasts posts and you will read about the disappointments, the swearing and the "I'll never do that again" moments ......

I have no affiliation with any seller so am not pushing any particular car .... I'm just saying that if you find something you like, BUY IT! ..... these are not Ford Falcons, or Holden Commodores ......  you will not find hundreds of these for sale. Many of us searched for years to find our cars and truth be told, if I hadn't of bought when I did, I wouldn't have one today.

No disrespect intended, but most of us have been in this position and wish we could have done it differently ..... (not pi##ed around so long)

Good luck in your search .....

Time for a small reality check, Mr Smith ......

I would think that probably 90% of forum users have kicked themselves in the ass and then had their wife kick them as well for procrastinating on their purchase of a car.

Story after story has been told about missing out on a car because "I thought about it too long" or "I wanted a silver one" or "It's got the wrong wheels" etc.

Just go back through pasts posts and you will read about the disappointments, the swearing and the "I'll never do that again" moments ......

I have no affiliation with any seller so am not pushing any particular car .... I'm just saying that if you find something you like, BUY IT! ..... these are not Ford Falcons, or Holden Commodores ......  you will not find hundreds of these for sale. Many of us searched for years to find our cars and truth be told, if I hadn't of bought when I did, I wouldn't have one today.

No disrespect intended, but most of us have been in this position and wish we could have done it differently ..... (not pi##ed around so long)

Good luck in your search .....

I hear what your saying mate. Thanks for your insight. 

Imo, if you're going to enter the Porsche market at the moment. Base and  service costs are high.

Research the hell out of it n make a choice you will be ecstatic with.

When a market is this hot, although some say it has cooled, service providers are reaping as you would expect. 

Unless you can do lots of the work yourself. 

2c

haha we are just going to show up at his house. 

gold. You'll fit in here just perfectly. 

C4 sale update (week one)

3500 views on carsales

40 odd people following

Magnus Walker showing interest

3 serious offers

ppi booked in

not there yet, but deffinately progress in a week (come on Troy ;) )

are you sure it's magnus wwalker and not max walker? Or mark walker?

Just PM'd you mate. As others have attested it is not easy finding a good car. 

In someways you are lucky that 2016 has started with a stutter. In 2015 when I bought this car I saw the ad posted at 9am, was with the seller by 10am, deposit paid by 10.15am. Three guys missed out, a couple of whome were only 30 mins behind me calling the seller offering $20k more..

are you sure it's magnus wwalker and not max walker? Or mark walker?

jay Leno put him onto me apparently ;) 

Sorry Troy - would have loved to have given you that car. Three deposits on the same day but a no PPI tipped the balance in the other guys favour. Good luck with your search. Get one of the Melbourne guys to give you a go in one of their cars so as you get a feel for what you want and next time pounce. Last Friday i had every expert on PFA telling me the bottom had fallen out of the P-car market and sending me low ball offers.  

Hopefully the sale of this one brings out a few others and you get your car soon

Last Friday i had every expert on PFA telling me the bottom had fallen out of the P-car market and sending me low ball offers. 

Damn ..... that's what I forgot to do ..... lowball you with offers and "guidance" that you sell to me cheap cause I'm your best bet of selling your car ....

Ah well, I'll remember for the next sucker ........ errrrr seller

Archived