WTB 964 C2 Manual

Troy Smith

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Hugh, I have seen this one. It's a beauty

More than you are wanting to spend? Good cars are hard to come by, especially in C2's hence values are where they are. I cant say you'll find much in a C2 manual (964 or 993) for under 100k, you may get lucky with a C4 though. I'm guessing you missed out on Tom's then? (red C4)

More than you are wanting to spend? Good cars are hard to come by, especially in C2's hence values are where they are. I cant say you'll find much in a C2 manual (964 or 993) for under 100k, you may get lucky with a C4 though. I'm guessing you missed out on Tom's then? (red C4)

yeah it's just out of my range at the moment. Problem is they seem to be going up daily! Keep looking, keep saving I guess. I tried to buy Tom's, I put a deposit down, but he got a better offer and took that ?

yeah it's just out of my range at the moment. Problem is they seem to be going up daily! Keep looking, keep saving I guess. I tried to buy Tom's, I put a deposit down, but he got a better offer and took that ?

So close, bummer. Stick with it, something will come up - just ask Fraz! 

not quite the right facts. 3 deposits received the same day. Went to someone with a P-car collection, not someone who had never driven a P-car... 

Why would a buyer put down a deposit if the vendor had not accepted the buyer's offer?

not quite the right facts. 3 deposits received the same day. Went to someone with a P-car collection, not someone who had never driven a P-car... 

If you had already received one deposit, let alone two deposits, why wouldn't you have told me that straight away? Instead you told me " a deposit means front of the line" then we went down the conversation of me booking flights and you picking me up from the airport! Lol!! At least I got my deposit back ??

If you had already received one deposit, let alone two deposits, why wouldn't you have told me that straight away? Instead you told me " a deposit means front of the line" then we went down the conversation of me booking flights and you picking me up from the airport! Lol!! At least I got my deposit back ??

I don't know what happened here, nor am I taking sides, but we weren't lying to you when we said .... find something you like and jump on it .....

That deal should have been tied up the day after it was listed .....

I don't know what happened here, nor am I taking sides, but we weren't lying to you when we said .... find something you like and jump on it .....

That deal should have been tied up the day after it was listed .....

It's all good. Something else with come up and I'll be ready ??

Why would a buyer put down a deposit if the vendor had not accepted the buyer's offer?

because anyone can make an offer but not everyone follows through. Three guys made an offer and all three said they were going to make a deposite by Monday and much to my surprise all followed through. So at that point it's all even. The 'winner' offered to stump up the whole amount in 24hrs and didn't require a PPI. He also already had a 993, 996 and a 997 and was looking to complete his collection so I know he knew what he was talking about. 

Yes troy also sent through a deposit. But Troy needed a PPI and has never driven a Porsche before. Nice as you might be mate this just sets of alarm bells for a seller. You could have easily of pulled out for a 1000 reasons. 

Troy you had a chance to buy the week before as Dreamr said. I advertised the car 'alot' and it went in 6 days, which is 5 more than it should have been. You had every man and his dog recommending you buy the car and I gave all PFAers a head start and an offer at a better price. 

D-banger - not sure exactly what else you would have done. The objective here was to sell a car, but maybe there's a BROWNLOW medal for car deals I am unaware of? ;) 

Yes troy also sent through a deposit. But Troy needed a PPI and has never driven a Porsche before..........................

I hadn't driven a Porsche before either!

Again, without taking sides, I can see what turboT is saying about not having driven a Porsche before ....

The slightest "twitch" could send someone running ..... then losing any other interested party because they think something is wrong with it ....

We have talked about this exact scenario before regarding selling to someone willing to buy sight unseen, or someone that wants a PPI

The consensus was that if 2 buyers come along at the same time, a no hassle sale with no PPI would be the preferred method .... 

Some of us can buy with no PPI and some of us can't .... there is no right or wrong. Unfortunately in this hot market the "norm" is no PPI

I bought mine sight unseen with no PPI ...... smart or stupid??. Who knows, but thankfully it worked out for me. It could have easily gone the other way as well.

Should I find myself in a multi-buyer situation one day, I will also choose the no hassle quick sale option .... but that's just me.

tough crowd :)

Troy as least through this process you have met some very generous blokes. Looks like you have at least half a dozen that will willingly lend you a car for a week or two to see if its really for you. Most of them have way too many P-cars so will no doubt be more than happy to sell you one, subject to PPI naturally...

Dreamr - I owe you a drink ;) 

I had never driven one either, not even for a test drive! 

id never driven a Porsche when I bought the 993.  I'd never sat in a longhood when I bought the 72. I've not yet driven a 356. 

Put me down on this list too.   I guess you have to start somewhere to have a drive of your first Porsche.

I know the feeling, though. My buyer who (thankfully)  fell through was a first time buyer. Didn't "get" the Aircooled so much and wanted a manual. For some reason he chose mine (tip) and then backed out.

I hear my guy bought a 993s manual from NSW.  I told him to join the forum....let's see if he's here?  

I know the feeling, though. My buyer who (thankfully)  fell through was a first time buyer. Didn't "get" the Aircooled so much and wanted a manual. For some reason he chose mine (tip) and then backed out.

I hear my guy bought a 993s manual from NSW.  I told him to join the forum....let's see if he's here?  

you still selling? Or keeping now it's all fixed and looking shmich? 

The first Porsche I drove was a 930.

The first Porsche I bought was a 930. Not the same one.

The second Porsche I bought, I didn't drive beforehand.

The third Porsche I bought, I did drive.

I've never had a PPI. It wouldn't have changed my decision if I had. Maybe a little on the price, but then I might have missed out. All things considered, that would have been bad.

The first Porsche I drove was a 930.

The first Porsche I bought was a 930. Not the same one.

The second Porsche I bought, I didn't drive beforehand.

The third Porsche I bought, I did drive.

I've never had a PPI. It wouldn't have changed my decision if I had. Maybe a little on the price, but then I might have missed out. All things considered, that would have been bad.

you had me at 'first drive was a 930' :) 

forget the c2 Troy. Dream bigger

Archived