944 Hunt

kpac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The S2 is a great car to drive, as is a well sorted turbo. The higher performance / driving enjoyment you'd get out of those models may help justify the maintenance costs over the time you own it.

I'll also echo what everyone else has said - buy the best one you can afford. You'd be surprised how quickly the bill can add up if it has been neglected and you can't do the mechanical work yourself.

Some really nice Aussie examples do come up on car sales and on this forum so you're in the right place.. I have first hand experience with a Singapore import.. definitely stick to the Australian delivered cars!

• 2 months later...

Did you find one??

Im in the process of selling my Late mothers 944 Auto.

Dad has decided it must be go. Car was in Mildura for a while, now at my place in Warburton.

pm me if you want more info. I'll try to get an advert up today. 

Steve

No serviced in Brisbane, imported back in 89. 

It's a standard auto 2.5, but has a 924s engine number..... what's that about..?

Sound fishy, perhaps someone in Singapore wide bodied a 924s? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this one has been for sale for a while now ....

Seems the owner has forgotten that the early 944's don't have a 6th digit on the odometer, so it will forever and a day have under 100,000k's ...... hence the "low k's" comment.

Lucky for us it doesn't say 10,000 ..... they might have asked more .....  :lol: 

I'm pretty sure this one has been for sale for a while now ....

Seems the owner has forgotten that the early 944's don't have a 6th digit on the odometer, so it will forever and a day have under 100,000k's ...... hence the "low k's" comment.

Lucky for us it doesn't say 10,000 ..... they might have asked more .....  :lol: 

At least 181k.

Still, not CRAZY money, but there is always a reason why they're unregistered ....

• 1 month later...

Sold my S2 on this forum within 4 hours for the advertised price a few weeks ago. If you believe the overseas mags, 944 prices (especially the later models) are beginning to rise so you may have missed the boat.

Back in the market if anyone knows of a good one floating around..

Thanks!

I got contaked by a guy with this 944 for sale, was a little out of my buget, but it is in pristine condition. He is looking in the high 30s to 40s for the car. still have his number.

IMG_0854_zps2xhmbsws.jpg

IMG_0856_zpswpxercxi.jpg

IMG_0855_zpsk16m2u4v.jpg

Big money for a body-kitted 944 that's not a Turbo or an S2, no matter how pristine.

What Rob said.

A lot of money to spend on a garage queen and have to spend more money on a garage queen, ask me how i know, doing it for the second time over.

What Rob said.

A lot of money to spend on a garage queen and have to spend more money on a garage queen, ask me how i know, doing it for the second time over.

High 30's to 40's??? I wish they were at that amount :) Unless its an Australian Turbo S I don't see a 944 tipping nearly $40k for a while.... But then again things are only valued at what the highest bidder is willing to pay so someone will probably buy it next week and prove me wrong...

That one looks to have sold quick.

I would love to have seen the receipts for the $60k of work. Surely that would have covered engine, gearbox, LSD, suspension and some cosmetics/electricals at a minimum. Anyone on the forum purchase? :)

Justin looks like there were a few having a crack with a little seller shenanigans going on as well

vinnytang on page 4 of the 944 sale price thread

That one looks to have sold quick.

I would love to have seen the receipts for the $60k of work. Surely that would have covered engine, gearbox, LSD, suspension and some cosmetics/electricals at a minimum. Anyone on the forum purchase? :)

I'm just wondering if the $60k is what has been spent over it's life or all at once, because all at once and then sell would be madness.

High 30's to 40's??? I wish they were at that amount :) Unless its an Australian Turbo S I don't see a 944 tipping nearly $40k for a while.... But then again things are only valued at what the highest bidder is willing to pay so someone will probably buy it next week and prove me wrong...

If this car gets 40k I wonder what my Aus Del 89 Turbo "S" would go for on the open market.

I'm just wondering if the $60k is what has been spent over it's life or all at once, because all at once and then sell would be madness.

If this car gets 40k I wonder what my Aus Del 89 Turbo "S" would go for on the open market.

The sky would be the limit, if that car gets $40K surely your car would pull what $50k? 

Interesting times ahead Tingy. Will the $40's be the norm in 2017??  All that said though, that nice looking turbo sold for $18.5 this week so who can judge the market????

The sky would be the limit, if that car gets $40K surely your car would pull what $50k? 

Interesting times ahead Tingy. Will the $40's be the norm in 2017??  All that said though, that nice looking turbo sold for $18.5 this week so who can judge the market????

What i do know is that  I got it just before the market started to get a bit inflated by a couple of nice cars, i see the "S" turbo is still for sale with "high" kms though, anyone had a look?

...or necessity , if wife finds that "kids' future education fund" account has been borrowed from...

Archived