The 996 Inspiration Gallery

I figure this underrated model deserves some attention.  This thread is to share the 996 love and maybe inspire some appreciation for the model.

These cars are arguably the best value 911 available at the moment and a great opportunity to either get a schmick original future classic car without paying through the nose or to hotrod/outlaw it however you like.

I'll kick it off with this badass one!

Edited by TrevMcRev

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who hate on the 996 do so because they are bandwagon hoppers and want to give others the impression that they are knowledgeable on the topic of the 911. The fact of the matter is hating on the looks of the 996 was very 1998, and the true Porsche world has long since moved on. These days the 996 is a beautiful modern classic and it has aged very well. 

Buy them up fellas as they are soon to be appreciated by the wider market, and we all know what that does to values! If I had a spare 50K laying around I would be. turboT says YOTC, I say YOTFE!

Recently had a conversation with an "enthusiast" about how shit the 996 is. Interesting hearing the opinions of those that have nfi what they're talking about. Great idea Trev.

15051051883_c9d758d576_c.jpgpIMG_3017 by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

15485010128_16c9332686_c.jpgpIMG_3026 by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

15668474031_b28ab50783_c.jpgpIMG_3030 by Simon Kovac, on Flickr

I've always liked the 996 shape, yet personally, they need a rear wing of some sort. I think that about all coupes though. There was a yellow and a black pair of GT replica's in a WA car yard that had 60k then came down to 45 or 50k. They had low kays and looked great

People who hate on the 996 do so because they are bandwagon hoppers and want to give others the impression that they are knowledgeable on the topic of the 911. The fact of the matter is hating on the looks of the 996 was very 1998, and the true Porsche world has long since moved on. These days the 996 is a beautiful modern classic and it has aged very well. 

What did you just call me!?!

hating the 996 is the modern day version of the hate heaped on the 964 years ago. haters will always find something to hate...boring. i wonder what the haters will move onto when the 996 gains the love it deserves. 997?

The new Boxster and Cayman turbos is the answer, probably new turbo everythings with smaller displacement - just when Caymans were gaining some good respect over the years too! 997.2 autos? cabs? sunroofs? cup holders? robotic 991's?

Really, when take a step back and look at ALL Pcar Coupes or cabs over the years, in the context against all the other brands and all their models (minus exotic hypercars) they are all absolutely the ducks guts! A unique brand for all sorts of relevant important and emotional reasons..... wish I was  a zillionaire, I'd have a stable of them!