The 996 Inspiration Gallery

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 996 headlights have really grown on me. Pity the interior hasn't. 

I would disagree until we start discussing the savanah/terracota colour interior. I still struggle with runny egg lights, but the clears and gen 2/turbo lights are nice and distinctive

Do it. Love that colour

Is it the same as the Sport Classic 911's?

Close, that car is just a wrap so doubt the colour is exact.

I think the Sport Classic was very similar but slightly different and be unique to only that model.

Porsche did a colour called Fashion Grey (Modegrau) that I love though.

There's a 20 page thread on RL about the colour! There are a bunch of similar greys discussed too.

Not 996, but this is the idea.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-24%20at%207.56.5

I like the 996 but those headlights are Fugly

I agree that Gen I 996 with orange indicators (fried eggs) are not great but as mentioned above, the clear Gen II lights have come into their own.

I will admit that I used to look at a 996 with appreciation but not much desire. Of recent times however, it's a different story. I see a clean Gen II on the street and i bite my bottom lip with f*ck me I want one of those. 

I'm not much of a fan of the orange lenses on the gen 1. I think the clear lens version on the later gen 1 looks much better and I actually like them better than the gen 2 lights. The knockers will say the gen 1 lights are the same as the Boxster. I say they're the same as the GT1!

24538016669_ea7e8d98a7_c.jpgPorsche-996-GT1-EVO-Strassenversion_1 by Simon Kovac, on Flickr