The 996 Inspiration Gallery

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One thing about the 996 headlights they work,993,964,928 have crap headlights Porsche should be scuttled under a Porsche at 100 klms a hour for these headlights.Im happy to drive the car at the 100 ks.

Apparently this guy was only doing 75.  Plus I don't have a 993 so who cares.  Plus, plus, two words; Steve Varrasso.  Bzzzt.

Apparently this guy was only doing 75.  Plus I don't have a 993 so who cares.  Plus, plus, two words; Steve Varrasso.  Bzzzt.

There is no way that car was only doing 75, even in mph it would not fall apart like that. If it did no Porsche is safe to drive anywhere!!

928 headlights a pretty bloody good too!

Looks to me like it has already been dismantled at a wreckers and it fell off the back of a truck!

Probably the most plausible scenario!

The truck was doing 158.

I know, the truck carrying the 996 was doing 75 when it fell off!

If you believe that! Looks too "neat" and virtually no damage on the tree yet the car is torn in half!

I call Fake news!

There is a tree opposite my house that has,in the last 30 years claimed at least 10 possibly as high as 15 cars that shows virtually no signs of wear and tear, and certainly has never looked as scruffed up as that one.

I saw a car wrapped around a 30cm tree, which was embedded into the passenger seat with its driver, and the front and rear bumpers almost touching each other. The tree was hardly marked. Wasn't a pretty sight 

Think that RWB is just a digital mock up of what it could look like. Don't think he has ever done a 996, feel free to correct me with a link to more details on it if I'm wrong.

Just foun this thread, the 996 posted by trev to start this thread is I believe the 1 and only RWB 996. They are prototyping a 997 ATM.

I love 996 shape in a coupe - both MK1 & MK2. A MK1 GT3 in speed yellow is my pick, followed by a MK2 RS.

We have t be careful using the words Porsche and ugly - have they really ever built an ugly car. Compare what the competition was making at the same time for a reality check.

My 2 cents worth

Just foun this thread, the 996 posted by trev to start this thread is I believe the 1 and only RWB 996. They are prototyping a 997 ATM.

The image is a digital image by Jonsibal of what a 996 could look like. All the other RWB 996's getting around are just 996's with duraflex RSR body kits and a RWB sticker plastered across the window. Such as the one below which as the same kit as the one in my previous comment.  

CqF7IZ-_SReVUtGfagZigA?w=1024&fm=pjpg&au

There was supposed to be an official one in the works back in April of last year according to RWB Australia's facebook page, but I think it was just a 964 with an m96 thrown in it

If there had been an official RWB 996 done I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. Still would love to see one RWB'd one day for something different. Hopefully it wouldn't just look like he's grabbed a duraflex RSR kit and stuck it on.

The image is a digital image by Jonsibal of what a 996 could look like. All the other RWB 996's getting around are just 996's with duraflex RSR body kits and a RWB sticker plastered across the window. Such as the one below which as the same kit as the one in my previous comment.  

CqF7IZ-_SReVUtGfagZigA?w=1024&fm=pjpg&au

There was supposed to be an official one in the works back in April of last year according to RWB Australia's facebook page, but I think it was just a 964 with an m96 thrown in it

If there had been an official RWB 996 done I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. Still would love to see one RWB'd one day for something different. Hopefully it wouldn't just look like he's grabbed a duraflex RSR kit and stuck it on.

it looks very much like the real one, it exists in Japan

IMG_1979.JPG

There is a tree opposite my house that has,in the last 30 years claimed at least 10 possibly as high as 15 cars that shows virtually no signs of wear and tear, and certainly has never looked as scruffed up as that one.

I lived on a busy road for a while.  The tree out the front claimed a few victims in my stay, one pretty bad.  You could hardly notice the bark damage.  The tree is still there, no doubt claiming more victims.

dead straight road too, btw.

it looks very much like the real one, it exists in Japan

IMG_1979.JPG

Im yes that is the same car - zero question about that.

All a 996 needs to look good is the right stance and color.  Silver is generally not that color.