The 996 Inspiration Gallery

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, firecall999 said:

Photo of my 996 I picked up late last year. Such an amazing car for the money. I love the simplicity of it, whilst still being modern with incredible performance and handling.

Nice pic, I bet you're still enjoying those late night drives after work

Time to change your Ride/s comment........….no longer Porscheless  :Beer:

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2016 at 17:09, Mike D'Silva said:

Ah... bugger... .this thread is going to raise the profile of them and make them more expensive.

I was hoping to pick up a decent 996 in the 30's; somehow I don't think it's going to happen now.

Seems you were right Mike 

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Easy fixes @dan_189 Not a fan of the RS logo, but I like the striping and style 

Definitely, GT3 wheels are the perfect match for the rest of the AeroKit Cup II but aren't easy to come by.  Standard Carrera 5 spokes would still look better IMO. Noticed the rear wiper has been moved down, interesting way to make it look less prominent - I would have just done the plug.

Also easy to take the RS wing on and off to replace with the standard slightly less obnoxious RS one! Although looks like it might have the CF mirrors too. Wasn't it for sale recently for 55k in NSW?

I know a Melbourne PFA member was negotiating with them.

Good buying with the kit if its genuine.

I was just thinking out loud @dan_189 (as I do far too often). I'd need to get it in the 40's if I was serious. I do like the styling of the car with the bodykit and wing though. I could live with the coke dealer rims for a while, but would have to change them eventually

45 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Many thanks @Tips, though I'm not cashed up and I don't wish to waste anyones time including the seller

All good mate if the morning goes ok with time I might have a look anyway. I’m getting serious on the 911 front atm (organised a G body drive tomorrow with a generous PFAer) so might go and kick some  996 Tyres as that’s another option I’m considering. It would be interesting to see how the car actually looks and if he’s doing a deal. It’s not the right car for me with all of the stuff he’s put on it but still worth a look to see what’s under all of the body mods is worth the ask. Will let u know if I do.

Cheers @Tips

I was waiting on some interior pics (red seats of some sort), but he hasnt sent them as yet. It hasnt been driven for a year, and the keyless entry doesnt work (flat battery) so it might be worth a call from his ad on Gumtree to tee up a looksee 

I'd be interested to know what it's really like for shits n giggles...then we can tear it apart 😁