The 996 Inspiration Gallery

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, ANF said:

I think you may be surprised! Looks great. A bigger gap under the top than I would have thought?

Yes just it has just been detailed and picked up from the showroom, then straight to NineAuto for IMS/RMS and oil separator before I drive it for real. I will check the roof gap, it does look a touch high. As soon as I can get a roof stand for it I'll park the lid in the shed :)

I plan on writing up a bit on my new acquisition when I get the time, but with two short drives under my belt - driving it home and driving to the mechanic- I’m impressed.

And tiptronic is great! My prediction is that future values the auto will surpass the manual- these days no one under 30 years old knows how to drive manuals! 

7 minutes ago, Peter John said:

I plan on writing up a bit on my new acquisition when I get the time, but with two short drives under my belt - driving it home and driving to the mechanic- I’m impressed.

And tiptronic is great! My prediction is that future values the auto will surpass the manual- these days no one under 30 years old knows how to drive manuals! 

Very wishful thinking! :-p 

Looking forward to the write up though 

12 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Interesting point, but will anyone under 30 want to own an old petrol sucking car.... auto or manual does not bother me, the whole argument of which is better I do find most entertaining!!

12 minutes ago, ANF said:

Interesting point, but will anyone under 30 want to own an old petrol sucking car.... auto or manual does not bother me, the whole argument of which is better I do find most entertaining!!

IMO I think this could go one of two ways - either people will absolutely hate petrol earth destroyers or only the special petrol cars will survive and people will appreciate seeing and hearing them on the odd occasion... I am hoping for the latter. Petrol for fun - electric for everyday  

11 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Very wishful thinking! :-p 

Looking forward to the write up though 

I watched a YouTube video last night and the guy mentioned whenever he steps into the garage, the car that his father passed onto him at age of 40 smelt just like it did when he was a child, when it was new. As the years go on, and density grows, road trips, nostalgia, just won’t be there. Values, well what will the next generation value? 

I’m mid 30’s and I was a freak driving a 66 falcon to year 12 in 2002. (Note: I sold it twice and have it in my garage for nostalgia!) interesting future ahead we face in the special interested car arena.

7 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

IMO I think this could go one of two ways - either people will absolutely hate petrol earth destroyers or only the special petrol cars will survive and people will appreciate seeing and hearing them on the odd occasion... I am hoping for the latter. Petrol for fun - electric for everyday  

I think it has already started..... a combination of the two....

1 minute ago, Peter John said:

I watched a YouTube video last night and the guy mentioned whenever he steps into the garage, the car that his father passed onto him at age of 40 smelt just like it did when he was a child, when it was new. As the years go on, and density grows, road trips, nostalgia, just won’t be there. Values, well what will the next generation value? 

I’m mid 30’s and I was a freak driving a 66 falcon to year 12 in 2002. (Note: I sold it twice and have it in my garage for nostalgia!) interesting future ahead we face in the special interested car arena.

I drove an XP Coupe to school in year 12!! That was a few years ago now....