Oxley Hwy from Wauchope to Walcha

Port 911

Any time, you let me know when, I will be driving down the Syd on 8th of April, The PCNSW has a run on to Mudgee for the weekend. I will be driving down on the Friday to be at the start of the run on the Saturday morning.

We have a small collection of cars up this way, the guys are always up for a drive.   

12 20 Nov 2015 (200x150).jpg

Any time, you let me know when, I will be driving down the Syd on 8th of April, The PCNSW has a run on to Mudgee for the weekend. I will be driving down on the Friday to be at the start of the run on the Saturday morning.

We have a small collection of cars up this way, the guys are always up for a drive.   

12 20 Nov 2015 (200x150).jpg

You could do the Mudgee run then head home via Gulgong - Coolah - Tamworth - Walcha- Wauchope - PMQ.

Nice little circle for you.

That is definitely worth looking into for the trip home on the Monday, the PCNSW is driving home to Syd via Oberon, Taralga, Goulburn, so I will be heading in different direction on my own.

Unfortunately I won't be back in Tamworth until late Monday night, so I won't be able to offer you a coffee stop until Tuesday, if you decide to overnight somewhere

• 6 months later...

The last time I drove this road, was in about '95. I drove a fully Suzuki Sport prepared '86 Swift Gti (the early boxy shaped one). Great revvy 1.3l engine, let down by very rudimentary suspension. 110hp in a 750kg chassis was always entertaining though. I miss that car.

The last time I drove this road, was in about '95. I drove a fully Suzuki Sport prepared '86 Swift Gti (the early boxy shaped one). Great revvy 1.3l engine, let down by very rudimentary suspension. 110hp in a 750kg chassis was always entertaining though. I miss that car.

Those little cars went like stink.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this on Facebook, and thought I'd share for you guys

https://www.change.org/p/oxley-highway-wauchope-to-walcha-new-speed-zones?recruiter=600923483&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-embedded_petition_view-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Noone in power cares what the public want mate. Council, government, cops, noone. They just do whatever the hell they want regardless of public opinion on ANY topic whatsoever. Its a game, and they win everytime to try and justify their existence

Latest news is for the time being the speed limits are unchanged, I drove part of the road only yesterday & there are signs about speed limit changes but there are no changes.

Fingers crossed that the people may have had there voice listened too :D

Apparently after a community meeting, with the RMS, it was decidd to leave the speed limits unchanged.

As was said, "we have had a win so lets be careful not to give them any ammunition to change their mind"

Quick lets do one before they change.:P

I'm going to run out of drive time soon, I've got shitloads on at the moment.:(

Can anyone do a Friday?

If anyone is keen, we have a few local Pcars doing a drive next Wednesday up to Ginger Creek Cafe for morning tea/lunch. Meeting at the service centre where the Hume hwy & the Oxley meet at 8.30am. The more the merrier   :D

This was only decided last night

If anyone is keen, we have a few local Pcars doing a drive next Wednesday up to Ginger Creek Cafe for morning tea/lunch. Meeting at the service centre where the Pacific hwy & the Oxley meet at 8.30am. The more the merrier   :D

This was only decided last night

Fixed.

OHH come on, make it a Friday will ya!

Fixed.

OHH come on, make it a Friday will ya!

It was started by another felo up here, so I can't really highjack his event, but I can back up for a Friday, you just let me know when you can make it.

A STAY OF EXECUTION

Ken Healey
Wauchope, Australia

OCT 7, 2016 — People power has won us a stay of execution. After a meeting at Mt Seaview with RMS representatives on the 27th of September I am happy to announce that from the issues raised at that meeting, the RMS have decided to do a review on the 70k zone and a decision will be made before Xmas. So we have had a fairly big win and have made the RMS think twice. Let’s keep the pressure on and please get as many people as you can to sign.
Cheers
Ken

Archived