My Porsche 928

ANF

• 4 weeks later...

Took it for a nice drive last night getting acquainted with my 928 :)

Goes very well! Sounds great! Looks great! GREAT!

An odd feeling/ look driving it with the headlights up, never driven a pop up headlight car before, COOL :D

Some better shots.

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

Number plate needs straightening!

Edited by ANF

I'll be moving house in the not too distant future, which means public transport will not be walking distance, which in turn means a more sensible daily drive. With all due respect, one that I am more comfortable to leave in a train car park. Both the 928 and the 635csi are on the short list. 

I'll be moving house in the not too distant future, which means public transport will not be walking distance, which in turn means a more sensible daily drive. With all due respect, one that I am more comfortable to leave in a train car park. Both the 928 and the 635csi are on the short list. 

I have always liked the Beemer , but plenty of heartache stories when you dig into ownership. More than with 928s.

Adam , show us the donut pics :D

Always hat the hots for that ass!!!

When I was about 7 years old, one day when I was waiting in my dad's 928S while he ran in to buy a paper (or something like that); an elderly man in a Mitsubishi Sigma got out of his car,  walked up to the window and stated with frustration in a thick european accent "very nice car but no bloody bumper bar!". I'll never forget that.

Edited by spiller

Is your AC op or Inop?  If it's OP and you have a infrared temp gauge or similar can you tell me what vent temps you get ?  Enquiring minds want to know   :)

Inop sorry, I think needs regassing but will look at later. No digital temp gauge either. When (if) I do fix will let you know (may be a little while though)

When I was about 7 years old, one day when I was waiting in my dad's 928S while he ran in to buy a paper (or something like that); an elderly man in a Mitsubishi Sigma got out of his car,  walked up to the window and stated with frustration in a thick european accent "very nice car but no bloody bumper bar!". I'll never forget that.

The "bumperless" 928 was ahead of it's time.

Is your AC op or Inop?  If it's OP and you have a infrared temp gauge or similar can you tell me what vent temps you get ?  Enquiring minds want to know   :)

Mine is inop , which in Tas is NBD unless you are menopausal. But my understanding is that the 928 AC system is highly efficient when it is appropriately maintained.

When mine was re-gassed in Nov '15 we saw 4-5 deg out of centre vent.

Ok, own up who went and looked on carsales after reading this?? Great looking car Adam.

found that guards red manual with the poxy looking wheels....was tempted

also saw the blue manual in the act that needs work...to me that one is overpriced

found that guards red manual with the poxy looking wheels....was tempted

also saw the blue manual in the act that needs work...to me that one is overpriced

Easy fix :)http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury/wheels-tyres-rims/porsche-928-wheels/1105552781 (I'd have these as they are 8" if I could justify it....)

Agree the blue one does appear to be over priced.

Still a bit partial to this one http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1986/SSE-AD-3810202/?Cr=9

Such a great looking car, and has always loved the look of the 928 - I definitely want to own one at some stage..  Love the proportions, long bonnet and a well rounded arse..  

Congrats on a fantastic looking car. :)

Such a great looking car, and has always loved the look of the 928 - I definitely want to own one at some stage..  Love the proportions, long bonnet and a well rounded arse..  

Congrats on a fantastic looking car. :)

Thanks Woka! Yours will be just around the corner :)