Vehicle Hoists

I've got a 'Tuff Lift' 4 post, price included supply and install. They come with caster wheels so you can move them around - no need to bolt to the floor etc. The main consideration is height, fortunately 911's aren't that tall so mine just squeeze in within a 2.7m high (raked) ceiling.

IMG_1957_zpsdjzvticu.jpg

I've got a 'Tuff Lift' 4 post, price included supply and install. They come with caster wheels so you can move them around - no need to bolt to the floor etc. The main consideration is height, fortunately 911's aren't that tall so mine just squeeze in within a 2.7m high (raked) ceiling.

IMG_1957_zpsdjzvticu.jpg

how many times have you brained yourself getting cars or bikes out?

I have been looking at some 2 post lifts, but apparently they are not good for longer term storage, as the suspension is designed to be under load at rest.

I have seen some make up some platforms for the 2 post lifts so you have the best of both worlds.

how many times have you brained yourself getting cars or bikes out?

Once when initially installed, its a small price to pay for the security and well being of my cars. :) 

It definitely works well for me and my available space, if your not using them everyday then its a good option. My bikes are getting their own hanger shortly - then I can maybe add another one and make it 2 up/2 down! 

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2016 at 7:59 AM, hugh said:

IMG_1957_zpsdjzvticu.jpg

Just to confirm, 2.7m is from the top of the white car to the floor?

What sort of flooring is required?

What is the width including any control boxes etc? and the length.

I've seen the catalogue but just want to seek an owner's true opinion.

Looking to install 2 into my garage. Thanks in advance.

I’ve just had 4 tuff lift hydro packs installed. Should have some pics next week.

They have 2 legs with load spreading feet and a full width tray.  You can also gang them together so they share a central post, saving a lot of installation width. The two trays still operate independently.  Mine are set up in 2 linked pairs. 2x2x2 = 8 spots!

https://tufflift.com.au/product/tl2-7hp/

3 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I’ve just had 4 tuff lift hydro packs installed. Should have some pics next week.

They have 2 legs with load spreading feet and a full width tray.  You can also gang them together so they share a central post, saving a lot of installation width. The two trays still operate independently.  Mine are set up in 2 linked pairs. 2x2x2 = 8 spots!

https://tufflift.com.au/product/tl2-7hp/

Sounds amazing. You are my hero! :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Just to confirm, 2.7m is from the top of the white car to the floor?

What sort of flooring is required?

What is the width including any control boxes etc? and the length.

I've seen the catalogue but just want to seek an owner's true opinion.

Looking to install 2 into my garage. Thanks in advance.

2.7 is my max ceiling height, the cars are sitting probably 50-100mm below that. Typically they are 2.6m wide and you can actually get brackets that bring the mechanism to the rear of the post (as opposed to the side) so you can actually get them pretty much hard up against the wall. I have a standard 6.0 x 6.0m garage and I now have 2 x side by side with a small amount of room to spare - I did have to get a wider garage door though to be able to get off/on each hoist (its still tight but workable). Lucky I have little old 911's, 991 would be a different story. 

On 7/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, hugh said:

Sounds amazing. You are my hero! :rolleyes:

2.7 is my max ceiling height, the cars are sitting probably 50-100mm below that. Typically they are 2.6m wide and you can actually get brackets that bring the mechanism to the rear of the post (as opposed to the side) so you can actually get them pretty much hard up against the wall. I have a standard 6.0 x 6.0m garage and I now have 2 x side by side with a small amount of room to spare - I did have to get a wider garage door though to be able to get off/on each hoist (its still tight but workable). Lucky I have little old 911's, 991 would be a different story. 

Thanks Hugh. The issue is my garage can currently fit 2 cars length wise only. Thinking if its its worthwhile fitting 2 hoists. Would be a bitch to move the 3 cars to get the one on the inside hoist. Decisions.

5 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Thanks Hugh. The issue is my garage can currently fit 2 cars length wise only. Thinking if its its worthwhile fitting 2 hoists. Would be a bitch to move the 3 cars to get the one on the inside hoist. Decisions.

So you currently have a tandem parking arrangement? 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

So you currently have a tandem parking arrangement? 

Yes, thats the word i was searching for, tandem. I want to double the storage space as the 964 and R32 GTR are currently parked offsite. Its hoists for now or wait till 2023 till the right-of-way gets paved.

1 hour ago, reggiegums said:

Yes, thats the word i was searching for, tandem. I want to double the storage space as the 964 and R32 GTR are currently parked offsite. Its hoists for now or wait till 2023 till the right-of-way gets paved. 

Front hoist would have to be in the raised position to allow cars from behind through as the Tuff lift hoist appears to have a lip at the far end. Hugh will be able to confirm.

The hassle of moving the cars around must be the lesser evil compared to paying for the storage and accessing the cars from another location?

I currently have four cars nose to tail and it is pretty much as the Castle quote if I want to get to the fourth car!

• 1 month later...

Need advice...building a house and my architects don’t understand that I “need” as many garage spots as possible.

I’ve considered a hoist/lift however am concerned about clearance with a panel garage door. Roller doors are not being considered.

As yet the dimensions are 8500mm(W) x 7500mm(Depth) for a triple garage. Ideally I need space for 4-5 cars.

Has anyone used pivot jacks that slide under individual wheels to turn a car 90degrees? I think I can potentially pivot one car parallel to the back wall and retain 3 spaces.

5 hours ago, Gas said:

Need advice...building a house and my architects don’t understand that I “need” as many garage spots as possible.

I’ve considered a hoist/lift however am concerned about clearance with a panel garage door. Roller doors are not being considered.

As yet the dimensions are 8500mm(W) x 7500mm(Depth) for a triple garage. Ideally I need space for 4-5 cars.

Has anyone used pivot jacks that slide under individual wheels to turn a car 90degrees? I think I can potentially pivot one car parallel to the back wall and retain 3 spaces.

Make sure they build the slab for the garage thick enough or it won't take the weight.