Vehicle Hoists

19 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Make sure they build the slab for the garage thick enough or it won't take the weight.

Yes...builder is aware. He suggested just extending the garage as it might be cheaper than a thick slab plus High ceiling

thanks again for the advice. 

15 hours ago, Gas said:

I don’t suppose he does House calls in brisbane. 

Unfortunately I'm not heading north anytime soon. More than happy to have a chat though, facetime, skype whatever suits. 

• 2 years later...
On 15/02/2016 at 10:59, hugh said:

I've got a 'Tuff Lift' 4 post, price included supply and install. They come with caster wheels so you can move them around - no need to bolt to the floor etc. The main consideration is height, fortunately 911's aren't that tall so mine just squeeze in within a 2.7m high (raked) ceiling.

IMG_1957_zpsdjzvticu.jpg

is that a sneaky MGB you used to have @hugh 

Good timing that this was dug out of the grave! 

On 16/07/2018 at 17:42, OBRUT said:

Hydro Park. 4937mm wide for a pair. 

Is that in this below arrangement mate? 

1432341415_ScreenShot2021-03-02at2_59_12pm.thumb.png.b866dddbfb1344a038087aaf0ef803a5.png

Has anyone got a setup like that ^^ in a small double garage? We are looking at a place that is on a 6 metre wide block (20ft or 6.096m to be precise) looking at packaging a 4 car accomodation into it.. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

1432341415_ScreenShot2021-03-02at2_59_12pm.thumb.png.b866dddbfb1344a038087aaf0ef803a5.png

Has anyone got a setup like that ^^ in a small double garage? We are looking at a place that is on a 6 metre wide block (20ft or 6.096m to be precise) looking at packaging a 4 car accomodation into it.. 

Yep, pretty much identical to mine. 

18 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Great thread revive, this is my new favorite subject after just putting one in

What did you put in? I'm about to order one - tufflift seems to be at the top of the list for appropriate specs vs value for money.

1 hour ago, reddahaydn said:

What did you put in? I'm about to order one 

Yep it is a TuffLift 4 post TL3.6PH-H, same as what Hugh has, I bought it second hand off a friends dad who used it about 20 times and has since got rid of a few cars.

I had to remove it myself and 3 of us had it out in about 2 hours, (just rememer to undo the locking mechanism while it is in the air!!!)

They are a heavy f#cker so have a few mates on hand, if your handy on the tools they are not that hard to install.

After setting it up I pondered the postion for a week before it got bolted down just to be 100% sure I was happy with the position for  ease of entry /exist,  clearance for removing wheels, getting stinky Italian bikes in and out and the main thing aesthics.

Use the X-Bolts so if you ever remove it there will be only a small hole to fill rather than dynabolts

https://www.boltandnut.com.au/m10-x-100mm-galvanised-hex-flange-15mm-af-xbolt-screw-anchors?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4feBBhC9ARIsABp_nbWzhWCknNe4-IMTGYAOB9Jnr2ncmuMK8WYBi5NRLEaC2O8P9wRsE8saAs8NEALw_wcB

The sliding jack arrived last week which I  am yet to use but will also be a valuable addition.

https://tufflift.com.au/product/rj35-3500lb-manual-rolling-jack/

A hoist has been on my mind for a long time now and I really wish I had bought one years ago, and once again, "best thing I've ever bought"

On 02/03/2021 at 15:15, edgy said:

I've got one of these in one of the garages we had redone 

https://tufflift.com.au/product/parking-hoist-4-post-4-0-ton-total/  I'll find a photo 

IMG_8389.thumb.jpg.47f7af8a93ea6b1d587f38907279a7fe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the solution for panel lift doors and parking lifts? Assuming you’ve got the ceiling height, is it fair to assume that you can just increase the length of the vertical tracks and push the horizontal runners closer to the ceiling in order to get the clearance? 

3 minutes ago, edgy said:

What is the solution for panel lift doors and parking lifts? Assuming you’ve got the ceiling height, is it fair to assume that you can just increase the length of the vertical tracks and push the horizontal runners closer to the ceiling in order to get the clearance? 

Going through this myself at the moment. It is possible to work around the Tilt/panel lift door tracks. However, depending on the depth of the garage and the where the extra height you have is, the Tilt door tracks can be an obstacle when raising the hoist. 

It also will be a concern when you open the garage door and the top car is on the hoist. Have to be careful you have clearance for the door to retract over the top of the car. Some pics i have seen have the top car reversed into position so the garage door goes over the top of the bonnet. 

15 hours ago, edgy said:

What is the solution for panel lift doors and parking lifts? Assuming you’ve got the ceiling height, is it fair to assume that you can just increase the length of the vertical tracks and push the horizontal runners closer to the ceiling in order to get the height. 

The problem with extending the vertical  tracks it will  leave a gap above door, It would on my pld because  its made to seal of at the top of the garage opening

20 hours ago, luzzo said:

Going through this myself at the moment. It is possible to work around the Tilt/panel lift door tracks. However, depending on the depth of the garage and the where the extra height you have is, the Tilt door tracks can be an obstacle when raising the hoist. 

It also will be a concern when you open the garage door and the top car is on the hoist. Have to be careful you have clearance for the door to retract over the top of the car. Some pics i have seen have the top car reversed into position so the garage door goes over the top of the bonnet. 

Thanks, please do update us if you do it.

I am not sure how soon I will act on it, it is certainly not an immediate requirement, but there is plenty of ceiling height from what I can gather... oh well the ink has dried on the contract so its a bit late to change my mind. 😂

20 hours ago, tomo said:

The problem with extending the vertical  tracks it will  leave a gap above door, It would on my pld because  its made to seal of at the top of the garage opening

I cant see this being an issue if retaining the same door and aperture? The one thing I did pick up on in my research is the motor mechanism may be a clearance issue too, so it could need replacing with the direct drive as in this youtube clip of such a mod... pay no attention to the excellent wiring job at the end :lol:

Tht's not a bad idea @edgy with raising the tracks and changing the motor, although you would need a deep and tall garage I would suspect?

I ended up going with panel lift for the double side and roller on the single side. The Tufflift is being installed July and finalising building permits for the workshop behind the single.

Edited by P-Kay
rework the Yoda speak :)